Full Fee Paying
Further your teaching career
Educators play a vital role in developing the capacity of citizens to use knowledge to learn, develop and participate in our contemporary world. The Master of Education aims to extend your expertise, helping you to become a leader in Education. It is also offered completely online, giving you the flexibility to study anywhere, anytime.
- Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning
- Applied Linguistics
- Career Development
- Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership
- Leading and Managing Educational Organisations
- Multicultural Education
- Online and Distributed Learning
Other specialisations are available within the Masters of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) program.
A significant component of your studies will be researching courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities. Choose between an Applied Research or Advanced Research project.
- The Applied Research has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
The Advanced Research specialisation will allow you to gain an in-depth understanding of your educational interests. Using research methods, you will explore different approaches to contemporary education, and develop professional research skills essential to undertaking further learning. This specialisation offers a research-based pathway into a PhD, subject to meeting all entry requirements.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
All students are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Cost & Fees
You are able to calculate the fees for a particular course via the Course Fee Finder.
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
Number of Units
- 12 units
- 1.5 years or part-time equivalent
This school offers programs in: