The Master of Civil Engineering program is offered online via distance learning and is accredited by the Atlantic International University (AIU). After evaluating both academic record and life experience, our staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual basis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Master of Civil Engineering curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor. It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work.
Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of our unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
For South African citizens interested in our offers: Please note that our partner university AIU and it's programs are fully accredited by ASIC the UK Government body for accreditation of foreign Universities, however AIU is not yet recognised by SAQA within South Africa.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. It is meant solely as a reference point and example.
Core Courses and Topics in Civil Engineering
- Transportation Systems Engineering
- Theory and Design of Pre-stressed Concrete
- Theory and Behavior of Steel Structures
- Analysis and Design of Masonry Structures
- Soil and Site Improvement
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Construction Project Management
- Construction Estimating
- Legal Aspects of Contracting
- Risk and Financial Management in Construction
- Engineering for Sustainability
- Environmental Engineering
- Design of Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Marine Geotechnical Engineering
- Port and Harbor Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Highway Pavement Design
- Retaining Structures and Slopes
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Earthquake Structural Engineering
- Foundation Engineering
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Civil Engineering
- Masters Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Master Thesis (7,500 words)
- Publication: Each Master of Civil Engineering graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The Admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us.
Program taught in: