Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
The online Master of Business Administration program is an independent study graduate degree program. The Program is of particular interest to individuals interested in acquiring the skills and educational qualifications needed to succeed in almost any business environment. The M.B.A. program benefits those in executive and managerial positions as well as individuals providing consulting services to enterprises of varying size and structure.
The objectives of the Program are:
- To offer a program of coursework and practical exercises in business administration, leadership, management and sound operational practices that will enhance the professional and personal lives of its students.
- To prepare professionals with the business skills necessary to start or consult to a small business venture.
- To explore the intricacies of effective management and marketing of businesses of varying size and structure.
- To allow for a number of electives, focused on various entrepreneurial and business issues and procedures.
- To employ faculty who are accomplished in their respective fields from both an academic and practical perspective.
Successful graduates of the Program will demonstrate:
- Application of knowledge in the legal, regulatory, theoretical, ethical and practical aspects of operating businesses of varying size and structure.
- The ability to evaluate common business and related legal issues and make appropriate decisions and recommendations based on sound research,reasoning and analysis.
- Appreciation for making socially responsible and environmentally sustainable choices when designing and implementing business strategy.
- How to author a properly formatted and presented Business Plan or Capstone project that represents substantive original work that ties together the learning objectives of the coursework.
The University acts to fulfill the purposes of the M.B.A. program through appropriate coursework, coupled with continuing direction, evaluation of student progress, and regular assessment of student learning outcomes, supervised and administered by qualified faculty.
The online M.B.A. program is presented on a Semester basis. Students are generally enrolled in 12 units per Semester. Each Semester consists of a minimum time period of 16 weeks from the date study commences. Students not completing all Semester coursework in the 16-week period will be granted an automatic 2 month extension of time to complete the Semester. Students may take a leave-of-absence between Semesters however, except in special circumstances, the entire degree program (3 Semesters) must be completed within 5 years.
The University's Directed Independent Study modality recognizes that education is an individual process where individuals with different learning needs and study schedules can be accommodated. It emphasizes learning that is meaningful, where individuals enjoy the learning process, and acquire knowledge to better understand and manage their own careers.
The Program’s faculty members recognize individual learning styles and needs, and emphasize the relevance of the material to the individual’s situation.
Each course in the Program contains a series of lesson assignments generally consisting of reading requirements and research projects. Students are evaluated through examinations and/or research assignments which are submitted for faculty evaluation. Students conclude the Program with the preparation of a comprehensive business plan or capstone project.
All assignments are submitted electronically. As set forth in the University's General Catalog, Internet access and minimum computer requirements and skills are required as a condition of admittance.
Admission Policies and Requirements
Applicants who have earned a Bachelor’s or first professional degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education may apply to the Program. The majority of applicants to this Program are mature adults working in a variety of professional settings. Many have not attended college for several years. Consequently, prior class rank and grade point average are not significant factors in the admission process.
An applicant may be conditionally admitted into the Program based on a completed Application for Admission, receipt of the $75.00 Application Fee, and student copies of transcripts reflecting the applicant’s highest relevant degree. It is not necessary to submit official transcripts at the time of application. (However, official transcripts must be received by the University within 60 days of enrollment. The University provides students with a form which may be used for this purpose.)
Should additional information be required the applicant will be contacted.
All payments must be payable in U.S. dollars. Payments may be made by MasterCard®,Visa®, American Express® or personal/business check.
Foreign Applicants and Applicants with International Credentials
It may be necessary for applicants who have attended colleges or universities outside of the United States to obtain an evaluation of their education from a credential evaluation service approved by the University. Upon request, the Admissions Office will provide a list of approved evaluators. In addition, applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must receive a minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 71 on the iBT, or its equivalent.
Transfer Credit and Portfolio Credit
The acceptance of transfer credits between academic institutions lies within the discretion of the receiving college or university. Credits earned at William Howard Taft University may or may not be accepted by another institution depending upon its own programs, policies, and regulations.
The University is committed to providing students the greatest opportunity to apply previously earned credit toward their chosen degree program. Subject to the limitations of state and accreditation regulations and academic comparability, students may apply to have credit awarded through completion of:
- Transfer Credit: Transfer credit toward a degree may be awarded for postsecondary courses completed by the student at other institutions if such courses are found to meet the standards and learning objectives of the specific course for which credit is sought. Transfer credit must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Portfolio Credit: Academic credit may be given for adequately documented and validated experiential equivalent learning of a postsecondary nature. Examples include credit for learning acquired through achievement of select certifications, college level equivalent tests, or other postsecondary level equivalent experience. Students with prior military experience may also apply to have military coursework evaluated for possible equivalent college credit.
MBA students may apply to transfer up to a total of 18 units of Transfer Credit (or a combination of transfer credit and portfolio credit). A maximum of 9 units may be awarded for adequately documented and validated portfolio credit.
Notwithstanding the above, the awarding of transfer credit or portfolio credit is considered on a case-by-case basis and awarded at the sole discretion of the University.
The tuition for the Program is $225.00 per unit. Tuition rates are “locked” for two years at the time of matriculation. An enrolled student will be protected from future tuition increases during this period of time.
Current information on financial aid is set forth on the University’s website. Enrollment in the Program will generally qualify students for payment deferrals on existing federally insured student loans. Applicants seeking deferrals on existing student loans should check with their lenders prior to enrolment.
The cost of books and materials, other than each course syllabus, is not included in the tuition. Most books and materials may be purchased at local colleges, retail bookstores, directly from publishers or over the Internet. The cost is estimated to average approximately $125.00 per course.
How to Enroll
If the applicant is accepted for admission to the Program, a formal enrollment agreement will be prepared and sent to the applicant for review and signature. Students may elect to begin the Program on the 15th of any month. All payments submitted for tuition and fees must be payable in U.S. dollars. Payments may be made by MasterCard® / Visa® / American Express® or personal/business check.
Applicants are encouraged to call the Admissions Office if there are any questions regarding enrollment procedures.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 3, 2016