A Master of Business Administration (MBA) Top-Up qualification provides an opportunity to move your career forward. The programme explores how to tackle large-scale, strategic business challenges, giving you the opportunity to grow as a leader in almost any field.
The MBA Top-Up is a challenging and exciting programme, designed as a full-time career development programme for those with management experience. The programme focuses on developing the strategic thinking skills needed in today’s global economy. Critical knowledge of organisations and their management, creative and systematic approaches to understanding business issues and developing knowledge of improving business and management practice, are also part of this programme.
No matter what part of industry or commerce you work in, the MBA Top-Up programme will assist you in gaining a critical understanding of the problems and challenges facing enterprises and organisations and equip you with the analytical and critical faculties to identify potential solutions. These qualities are sought by prestigious employers.
- This MBA course offers you an opportunity to join a well-established postgraduate community engaged in preparing themselves for a career in executive management.
- Teaching and supervision are delivered by a dedicated team of experienced and well- qualified staff drawn from business and academia.
- The University’s 24/7 IT facilities and learning areas are freely available for your use.
- You will be given access to a research and study skills module which will assist in your studies.
You must have both of the following:
- Significant work experience in a business or management capacity;
- And a HE Level 7 qualification with at least 100 credits (minimum) in a relevant subject (for instance, Postgraduate Diploma in Management, ATHE Level 7 Diploma, Pearson DMS or similar such qualifications from accredited qualification awarding organisations). If English isn’t your first language you’ll also need IELTS 6.5 with normally no less than 6.0 in any band (or equivalent). You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work. When applying you must include a reference from your current employer, clearly stating how long you have been employed and give a breakdown of your job content and roles and responsibilities.
Energepic / Pexels
Two semesters (this equates to between 6-9 months depending on starting month).
Full Time, Online Classes.
September, January, June.
- Leadership & Management
- Research Methods & Academic Skills
Career and Professional Development
MBA graduates can expect to gain a high-level strategic approach to business decision making, enhanced leadership capabilities and an adaptable approach to changing business environments. As well as assisting those who are interested in career progression and career change, employment can be expected at consultancy and management level, it can also be useful for individuals considering self-employment.
About the School
With a student body of around 11,000, you will get the best of all worlds at Bolton. You will be based on a modern, compact campus where no-one feels anonymous and, with small teaching groups on many ... Read More