Master of Aviation by distance learning (jointly organized with Massey University, New Zealand)
The Master of Aviation (MAv) is an advanced professional programme that offers you the opportunity to gain the skills and qualification needed to significantly enhance your career prospects in the internationally competitive aviation sector.
The MAv is a parts-based course of study which consists of papers totaling at least 180 credits comprising Part 1 and Part 2 as defined by the Schedule to the Degree, and including at least 60 credits at 800-level in accordance with either the Research Pathway or Professional Practice Pathway.
There are 2 semesters a year and you can take a maximum of 60 credits per semester.
- The course of study consists of 180 credits at the 700/800 levels and can be completed via the Research or Professional Practice Pathway.
- For progression from Part 1 to Part 2 in the MAv, you must have achieved a Grade Point Average of at least B- over the Part 1 papers, including the compulsory papers.
AWARD OF DEGREE
The MAv will be awarded when you have successfully completed the requirements of your chosen pathway.
In cases of sufficient merit, a MAv completed via the Research Pathway may be awarded a class of Honours.
In cases of sufficient merit, a MAv completed via the Professional Practice Pathway may be awarded either Merit or Distinction.
The programme is delivered in a self-study format. You are assessed based on assignments submitted.
Coursework materials may be presented through a package of resources, which could include:
- Study materials (such as a handbook, study guides and necessary readings) in hard copies and/or online.
- Internet-delivered instruction (e.g. paper and programme website, email, chat rooms and discussion groups).
You must have successfully completed or qualified for a Bachelor of Aviation, Bachelor of Aviation Management or equivalent degree or qualification, having achieved a grade average of at least a B- in the highest level papers.
English Language Requirements
You must possess 1 of the following:
- Minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 575 or above;
- Minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of score of 6.5 (with no band lower than 6.0); or
- An equivalent qualification.
Note: With the exception of the GCE O-level results, all other results dated more than 2 years prior to the date of application will not be accepted.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018