The Master of Arts program in ‘Technologies of Learning and Communication’ is geared to prepare educators and administrators in the field to acquire expert knowledge and training in new technologies in Learning and Communication. It seeks to nurture the skills and in-depth understanding of this fast-changing field to allow candidates to explore and implement contemporary learning methods, tools and contexts and promote the utilization of new technologies in teaching and learning.
- Core Courses (10 ECTS)
- Core Concentration Courses: Technologies of Learning and Communication (40 ECTS)
- Major Concentration Electives: Technologies of Learning and Communication (20 ECTS)
- Master Thesis (20 ECTS)
For the successful completion of the master program and the awarding of the postgraduate title is expected from the student that s/he will complete the program’s requirements as shown above (total 30 credits, 90 ECTS) and have an average (G.P.A) 2.5. or more according to the University regulations.
The Interdisciplinary Academic Recognition and Information Agency of Greece (DOATAP–Hellenic NARIC) and the Evaluation Committee of Private Universities (ECPU) of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus.
The course aims at the following:
- The provision of a strong theoretical background for utilizing new technologies in formulating a contemporary learning environment.
- The development of research skills for studying and improving pedagogical practices with the utilization of new technologies within the process of learning and communication.
- The deeper understanding of basic and contemporary concepts regarding New Technologies of Learning and Communication and their integration into the learning process.
- The development of optimal practices in utilizing the New Technologies of Learning and Communication, through courses that at the same time develop the theoretical background, teaching methodology with the use of technology, but also the design of technological applications that promote learning and interaction in the wider learning environment.
- The development of skills regarding the educational design of multifaceted and online applications of learning and communication.
- The familiarization of students with a wide range of contemporary application and technology tools for designing and developing an interactive learning and communication environment.
- The cultivation of attitudes and skills regarding the role of technology in promoting equality and social justice for realizing inclusive education.
- The provision of a strong academic background to students who wish to continue their studies at a doctoral level concerning New Technologies of Learning and Communication.
By the end of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Identify, study and critically analyze literature relevant to the course through research studies and other scientific sources.
- Design, complete and present small- or large-scale educational research.
- Analyse and evaluate research studies that adopt quantitative or/and qualitative approaches especially in the field of new technologies in learning and communication.
- Analyse and explain the relation among theories of learning with the application of new technologies in learning and communication, and the development of a contemporary learning environment.
- Explain the basic concepts of the new technologies of learning and communication and their connection/relation with contemporary evolutions as well as with the historical evolution of technology within the educational context.
- Discuss contemporary applications of new technologies in learning and communication, in the school classroom environment but also in alternative and varied learning environments (e.g. distance education, educational programs in other organizations, virtual environments etc.) and the affordances/advantages of these applications.
- Analyse basic theoretical, social, pedagogical and technological principles of integrating new technologies in the learning process, and promoting interaction.
- Analyse the basic stages and elements of the educational human-centric design with the utilization of technology.
- Design a learning process with the integration of new technologies of learning and communication.
- Integrate applications of new technologies in a learning environment within and outside of the real classroom.
- Design interactive multimodal or/and online educational applications.
- Evaluate critically based on pedagogical, design and technical criteria different educational tools through technological resources in relation to their utilization in the learning process.
- Analyse and evaluate the utilization of technological tools as a means of promoting social justice, accessibility and equity in learning and communication of all groups of students, regardless of capabilities, disability status, gender, cultural identity, and age.
- Discuss and implement measures to address the potential risks and difficulties in the use of contemporary technologies (such as social networks, Web 2.0, simulations, virtual reality, etc.) by young students.
Educators and Administrators will be able to employ their new skills and expertise in the context of public and private education and/or undertake further research in the field.
The specific admission requirements for the Master of Arts in Technologies of Learning and Communication are:
- An attested copy of a recognized bachelor’s degree
- An official copy of academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation. Referees may be academic (tutor/instructor) or professional (manager/supervisor)
- Short report of your personal goals and research interests (up to two pages)
- Recent CV
- Copy of High School Leaving Certificate
- Good knowledge of English demonstrated with one of the following:
- Completion of the previous degree in an institution in which the language of instruction was English, or
- Official submission of TOEFL; IELTS; IGCSE/GCSE; or ECPE test scores
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 21, 2017