©Full Sail University
Although the traditional principles of bona fide journalism have changed very little throughout the years, its physical logistics – how we gather, deliver, and consume information – have changed and expanded a great deal.
The New Media Journalism master of arts degree program teaches students how to apply traditional journalistic methods to interactive media, with a focus on how current technologies can enhance both narrative structure and visual storytelling. Coursework ranges from concepts used in digital newsroom management and multimedia reporting to legal and ethical aspects of the digital domain.
- Writing for Interactive Media - This course explores both the mechanics of storytelling as well as how journalists convey themes through their writing.
- Research and Investigation Skills Development - This course examines the massive shifts in the media environment and challenges students to re-imagine how they uncover, research, and produce investigative stories in that environment.
- New Media Publishing and Distribution - Students explore the concepts of interactive publishing and management by learning how to marry journalism fundamentals with the technologies of interactive publishing.
Before You Apply
There are several things to know about the graduate admissions process at Full Sail University.
- No traditional application deadlines: classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
- Program design and course order: you do not need to sign up for specific classes every semester – all of our programs have a predetermined program design and course order.
- Acceleration: Full Sail’s graduate programs are taken on an accelerated schedule and can be completed in as little as 12 months.
- GRE submission: we do not require you to complete the GRE or submit your GRE scores to apply for a graduate program.
Application and Acceptance
Our admissions requirements and acceptance procedures are different from a traditional college. To be considered for admission to a graduate program at Full Sail, the following requirements apply:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or higher - a Full Sail bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, or a baccalaureate-level or higher degree from another accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education along with transcripts.
- Degree held must be of similar scope/subject matter as the intended graduate degree program, with a transfer academic average of 2.0. Documentation of high school graduation or GED is not required.
- Applicants with a GPA lower than the required 2.0 must submit a Letter of Intent, résumé and college transcripts for Program Director review.
- Students with an undergraduate degree from an unrelated scope or subject matter may be considered for admission upon the provision of a Statement of Intent and a professional résumé. For additional information, please contact your Admissions Representative.
How to Apply
If you’ve spoken to an admissions representative and completed your interview, and you’re ready to begin the application process, there are several items you’ll need to have ready:
- Government-Issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or state-issued ID card.
- Verification of English proficiency if English is not your primary language (all required documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation).
Once you have these items, you’re ready to begin the online application. Completing your application will take 30-45 minutes, and you can save your application if you run out of time or need to gather additional information.
After You’ve Applied
If you haven’t already completed your admissions interview, that will be your next step. An admissions representative will reach out to schedule an interview at a convenient time for you.
If you have completed your interview, your enrollment guide will reach out to finalize your application and gather additional information.
You will also receive an email that gives you access to our Launch Portal, where you’ll be able to submit documentation and complete the final steps for enrollment.
About the School
Full Sail is dedicated to helping creative students follow their dreams in the entertainment and media industry. Whether they are passionate about music, art and design, web and technology, filmmaking ... Read More