Our 33 credit, two-year MA in Educational Leadership and Management program is designed to help educators develop a critically reflective understanding of school improvement concepts and research. It is a comprehensive Teacher Qualification Service (TQS) approved program that responds to the education sector’s need for qualified management-level professionals. Faculty with real-world experience deliver relevant curriculum and experiences that ensure existing and aspiring school administrators develop the knowledge and skills required to function as effective leaders within complex and challenging educational environments.
Blended Delivery Model
The majority of this program is experienced through online learning. Online courses enable you to meet the demands of work and family while studying. Using our web-based learning platform, you will access your reading materials, complete individual and group assignments, and engage with the rest of your classmates and instructors; online from anywhere. Each online course varies in length, with short breaks between courses.
During the course of your two-year program, you will attend one, two-week on-campus residencies. Here you’ll interact face-to-face with your instructors, cohort, and team. You’ll have set class hours as well as homework and meetings outside of class hours, making this an intensive and rewarding time.
Who It’s For
Administrators and teachers within K-12 educational institutions who want to gain skills and credentials as leaders and managers to advance their current career or launch a new one.
Applicants who do not have the formal academic education to qualify for admission may be assessed on the basis of both their formal education and their informal learning, in accordance with the Flexible Admission Policy.
Graduates will be able to apply practical tools and strategies to address issues, challenges, and opportunities related to supporting student achievement and growth. Graduates will have the skills to:
- Facilitate the collaborative development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support learning and achievement for all students;
- Understand and use change and improvement processes to support student learning and achievement;
- Build positive and effective relationships between the school, families and the larger community;
- Integrate evidence-based decision-making approaches into school leadership practices to support school growth and improvement;
- Engage in meaningful self-assessment and self-awareness to enhance leadership skills, positive relationships, and professional goals;
- Maximize opportunities for curricular, instructional, and assessment practices to have a positive impact on student learning and achievement;
- Apply systems thinking to strategically plan and manage the school environment to support student learning;
- Foster and sustain an inclusive culture and climate to support both student learning and professional growth;
- Implement authentic and meaningful strategies for supporting and supervising teachers’ instructional capacities to maximize student learning and achievement; and
- Lead collaborative and systematic inquiry processes that support school improvement.
About the School
Located in one of Canada’s most beautiful National Historic Sites, Royal Roads University has a long history of excellence. In 2015, we celebrated 75 years of leadership and learning - 55 years as a m ... Read More