The online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership is an innovative program that prepares you to lead the design and implementation of instructional technology systems in a variety of contexts. The coursework has been designed to develop intellectual leaders who understand curriculum and instruction, motivate and guide professional colleagues, and provide the practical skills necessary to lead technology-driven learning in diverse situations.
Graduates are prepared to assume leadership positions in the following areas:
- K-12 schools
- Higher education institutions
- Government agencies
Why GW's Master's in Educational Technology Leadership?
- Leadership Emphasis: The Education Technology Programs concentrate on education, technology, and leadership, preparing you to develop and implement instructional technology systems across diverse industries and organizations.
- Innovative Curriculum: You will receive a leading edge, respected education with a curriculum that is as innovative as it is comprehensive. Core courses cover fundamental topics of instructional design and technology leadership, while electives span from needs assessment to computer interface design preparing you for education technology jobs.
- Applied Coursework: Gain real-world experience through the completion of applied project activities, readying you to go beyond the role of a technician, and become a manager and leader who is able to make important learning decisions.
- Streamlined Admissions: This program does not require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) results for admission, enabling students to efficiently meet the admissions requirements.
- Tradition of Excellence: GW's Master's Degree in Education Technology program has led innovation in distance learning methods for more than 25 years. Accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education, GW is dedicated to the improvement of teaching and learning through strategic partnerships with the Center for the Advancement of Research in Distance Education (CARDE) and the application of new educational technologies.
- Core Beliefs: The Master's degree in Educational Technology is founded on three beliefs:(1) that leadership skills and technological competence are fundamental to the appropriate and successful utilization of technologies in educational settings, (2) that access to the requisite knowledge should be universal, despite the barriers of distance, personal physical limitations and lifestyle and (3) that educational technologies focus on improving human performance and learning.
GW offers online Graduate Certificates that enable students to develop a strong foundation in the field of Educational Technology, along with some advanced skills for design and development. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
The 18-credit Graduate Certificate programs can be completed in as little as 12 months.
- Certificate in E-Learning
- Certificate in Instructional Design
- Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology
- Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
See 13 more programs offered by George Washington University - Graduate School of Education and Human Development Online »
Last updated June 13, 2019