The ‘Education Leadership’ program aims to develop essential knowledge and skills in the theory and practice of management and leadership in education. Students are expected to attain competence across a spectrum of relevant subject areas and themes, including innovation in schools; education and technology; communication and conflict resolution; organizational culture and resource management; public policy; systems of inspection and review; and the philosophy of leadership in education.
- Core Courses (10 ECTS)
- Core Concentration Courses: Education Leadership (40 ECTS)
- Major Concentration Electives: Education Leadership (20 ECTS)
- Master Thesis (20 ECTS)
The Interdisciplinary Academic Recognition and Information Agency of Greece (DOATAP–Hellenic NARIC) and the Evaluation Committee of Private Universities (ECPU) of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Design, prepare and present small- or large-scale educational research.
- Analyse and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research in the field of educational leadership.
- Carry out a master’s thesis on a specific subject of educational leadership
- Develop a thorough understanding of educational organisation as a social system, comprehend the dynamic context in which a school and the educational system are working and become familiar with basic leadership operations and how these can be implemented at the level of a school unit.
- Identify the characteristics of leadership in relation to the micro society of a school and be able to apply the concept of leadership to the effectiveness of a school unit.
- Acquire knowledge in the areas of motivation, conflict resolution, effective communication, culture and the administration of human and material resources.
- Identify and analyse the basic principles of school policy, identify the difference between the theoretical dimension and its practical implementation, recognize pressure groups that influence educational policy making in Cyprus and critically outline the basic characteristics of international educational discourse.
- Employ technology as a means of management organization and as a way of modernizing the school.
School Administration and Management, Policy Making, Think Tanks, Research.
- An attested copy of a recognized bachelor’s degree
- An official copy of academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation. Referees may be academic (tutor/instructor) or professional (manager/supervisor)
- Short report of your personal goals and research interests (up to two pages)
- Recent CV
- Copy of High School Leaving Certificate
- Good knowledge of English demonstrated with one of the following:
- Completion of previous degree in an institution in which the language of instruction was English, or
- Official submission of TOEFL; IELTS; IGCSE/GCSE; or ECPE test scores
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 10, 2017