The online Master of Arts in Economics, Applied Economics specialization from American University brings you real-world analysis from today’s most relevant scholars, research institutes, and international organizations – online, anytime. It puts you at the forefront of economic debates – locally and globally. The M.A. in Economics utilizes state-of-the-art statistical software to help you master economic research methods and policy analysis.
Become a Recognized Economist
The online M.A. in Economics utilizes real-world examples to give you the knowledge and skills you need to make a true impact on the economy. Program highlights include:
- Concentrated faculty strength in major applied fields of economics and a policy-oriented curriculum
- Faculty who are linked to think tanks, research institutes, and international organizations
- Hands-on training with statistical software used in applied economics research
- A Washington, D.C., location that provides access to an extraordinary array of professional opportunities for trained economists
Lead Others Utilizing Key Knowledge
Through a robust curriculum, you’ll gain crucial insight into today’s economic issues. The M.A. in Economics also includes a capstone experience to help prepare you for a career in a variety of settings, including:
- Government agencies
- Congressional committees
- Financial institutions
- Economic consulting firms
- Think tanks
- Multilateral organizations
- Non-governmental organizations
Nearly all (96 percent) of the graduates from American University’s MA in Economics program are working in the field, in graduate school or both.
Customize Your Program for Optimal Success
While the entire M.A. in Economics program can be taken online, you do have an option to three internship hours on campus in Washington, D.C.