The M.A. in Bible Exposition provides students with specialized knowledge and skills to understand, apply, and communicate the Scriptures effectively on a regular basis in a local church context. It prepares students to teach or preach as a member of a church staff or as part of a para-church ministry.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Bible Exposition will be able to:
- Practice sound exegesis and exposition of the biblical text
- Trace key themes in Scripture.
- Communicate biblical truth effectively.
For entrance into online studies, a bachelor's degree with a 2.5 GPA (with exceptions) is required. The Application Process consists of:
- Online application
- Application essay (800-1,000 words)
- Reference from church leader who has known applicant for at least two years
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any master's degree work
- $45 application fee
International Student Requirements
International citizens must complete application items noted above as well as the following items:
- Academic Transcripts: Must be validated through World Education Services (WES). The student must request the WES ICAP credential package. If not in English, the transcript must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 79 is required on the TOEFL iBT exam. The computer and paper exams will also be accepted, with a minimum score of 213 on the computer and a minimum score of 550 on the paper exam. The TOEFL is available through the American Consular Office. Our TOEFL code is 5116. The TOEFL is waived if you have completed a degree in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Educational Background: Fully complete the International Educational Background form. Directions are on the back of the form.
See 4 more programs offered by Columbia International University Online »