The M.A. (Theological Studies) provides you with an interdisciplinary knowledge of Biblical studies, church history, intercultural studies, and theology. It prepares students to engage in research and analysis that is informed by those disciplines and contributes to the advance of ministry in the church, missions, or marketplace. This degree is offered in two different formats: Program 1 for college graduates with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and Program 2 for college graduates who have at least 30 semester hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.
The M.A. in (Theological Studies) will equip you to:
- Interpret and apply the Biblical text.
- Explain, evaluate, and apply Bible doctrine.
- Research and write for scholarly publication.
Potential ministry opportunities for program graduates include:
- Teaching in a Bible college or institute
- Serving as a member of a church staff
- Serving as an assistant or associate pastor
- Serving as a campus ministry professional
- Serving as a staff member of a para-church ministry
For entrance into online studies, a bachelor's degree with a 2.5 GPA (with exceptions) is required. The Application Process consists of:
- Online application
- Application essay (800-1,000 words)
- Reference from church leader who has known applicant for at least two years
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any master's degree work
- $45 application fee
International Student Requirements
International citizens must complete application items noted above as well as the following items:
- Academic Transcripts: Must be validated through World Education Services (WES). The student must request the WES ICAP credential package. If not in English, the transcript must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 79 is required on the TOEFL iBT exam. The computer and paper exams will also be accepted, with a minimum score of 213 on the computer and a minimum score of 550 on the paper exam. The TOEFL is available through the American Consular Office. Our TOEFL code is 5116. The TOEFL is waived if you have completed a degree in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Educational Background: Fully complete the International Educational Background form. Directions are on the back of the form.