The Master of Accounting program is offered online via distance learning and is accredited by the Atlantic International University (AIU). After evaluating both academic record and life experience, our staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual basis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Master of Accounting curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor.
It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work. Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of a unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
For South African citizens interested in our offers: Please note that our partner university AIU and it's programs are fully accredited by ASIC the UK Government body for accreditation of foreign Universities, however AIU is not yet recognised by SAQA within South Africa.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. It is meant solely as a reference point and example.
Core Courses and Topics in Accounting
- Individual Income Taxation
- Business Taxation
- International, State, and Local Taxation
- Analysis and Application of Accounting Data
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting for Mergers and Acquisitions
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Advanced Auditing
- Forensic Accounting
- Financial Fraud Detection
- Fraud Examination
- Accounting and E-Commerce
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Equity Valuation
- Fixed Income Securities
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Negotiation for Financial Professionals
- Professional Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- Accounting Information Systems Management
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Accounting
- Masters Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Master Thesis (7,500 words)
- Publication: Each Master of Accounting graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family.
Program taught in: