The general objective of the Master's Degree in Transport Management, mention in traffic, mobility and road safety is to train technicians in logistics management and land transport engineering, who can access all professional attributions in the analysis, management and optimization of logistics systems and Of transport.
The master's degree aims to:
- The Promote professional development related to transportation planning, regulation and management.
- Develop technical and analytical capacities for the elaboration of diagnoses, design, monitoring and evaluation of transportation policies and programs.
- Promote multidisciplinary approach techniques to propose answers to transport and mobility problems.
- Generate the capacity for transportation planning, and the capacity for innovation in the matter.
- Train professionals with capacity that can be reproduced in other teaching instances.
At the end of the master's degree you will be prepared to work on:
- Accredit theoretical and practical experience in the area of transport, traffic, mobility and road safety.
- Be trained to carry out diagnosis, design, monitoring and evaluation of transportation policies and programs.
- Direct analysis processes of the traffic intelligence and road safety framework at urban and rural levels.
- Advise the transport management units of the Decentralized and National Autonomous Governments.
- Be a consultant in the development of transport and road safety projects.
Overcoming this mastery you will get
- Master in Transportation Management with a Mention in Traffic, Mobility and Road Safety from the International University of Ecuador UIDE (Postgraduate degree registered at CES and recognized by SENESCYT, valid in Ecuador).
- Own Master's degree in Traffic, Mobility and Road Safety certified by the Nebrija University of Spain
- Professional Master in Traffic, Mobility and Road Safety by IMF Academic Institution of Spain
* Title issuance fees not included.
Multiple skills that will open doors for you.
- Employ methodologies, develop techniques and use tools that make the most of their skills and knowledge to carry out accident reduction programs related to vehicle use and pedestrians, the main sources of accidents.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research tools to reduce traffic accidents and, additionally, generate economic value and reduce operating costs.
- Apply strategies to define mobility and road safety plans, which contribute to the reduction of traffic accidents.
The Online Master is based on a practical methodology and focused on the labor market. Therefore, from the beginning to the end of the program, all theoretical knowledge is projected onto a practical case study, from which its data and problems will be analyzed and discussed, actively contributing to the progress of the course with supported and relevant contributions.
For quality assurance, there is a suitable technical team with learning resources and technological platforms that guarantee its execution. The technological model that the online modality uses is e-learning supported by the Moodle LMS Learning Management System. It is a platform that, through a course management system, helps to develop its learning model based on autonomous, independent, guided, collaborative and cooperative work.
- Virtual Campus: The Virtual Moodle Platform v3.1.
- Blackboard Collaborate.
- Virtual Libraries.
Teaching activities - Assisted and Collaborative: tutorials, group discussions, research work. Practical Activities of Application and / or Experimentation: resolution of practical cases and workshops and exercises Autonomous Work Activities: forums, questionnaires, tasks, readings.
The methodology is 100% online:
- Real Time - Synchronous: Virtual tutorials, chat.
- Deferred Time - Asynchronous: autonomous work, practical activities.
Third-level graduates who can preferably access the program belong to the broad field of Services in accordance with the nomenclature of professional titles and academic degrees. But, due to the nature of the program, applicants who have a third-level degree in a different broad field must demonstrate professional or academic experience in positions or activities related to transportation, traffic, mobility and road safety management.
- Copy of the third level degree certificate in SENESCYT and in the case of foreign degrees, these must be apostilled or legalized by consular channels.
- Copy of personal documents: ID, voting slip, passport-size photo.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Preferably one year of proven professional experience (labor certificates).
Contents of the program
Introduction to traffic and road safety
- Origin and fundamental concepts of traffic
- Concept of road safety, evolution and trend
- Socio-economic and environmental impact of transport
- Accident epidemiology
- Mobility and accessibility plans
- Road safety measures and applications
Legislation and legal framework of transport
- History and evolution of traffic legislation
- General vehicle regulations
- General regulation of drivers,
- General traffic regulations
Infrastructures in road safety
- Road networks and their powers
- Classification, typology and design of roads and tracks
- The role of infrastructure in active and passive safety. Traffic engineering
- Security control centers for traffic management and control
- Conservation and maintenance of infrastructure and roads
- Inspection and safety audit in road infrastructures
- Specific infrastructures for the transport of goods and passengers
- Smart infrastructures. Horizons and remnants of the future
- Motor Vehicle Parts and Systems
- Maintenance and technical inspection of the vehicle
- Active vehicle safety
- Passive vehicle safety
- Post accident safety
- Differentiating security elements by type of vehicle
- Software maintenance and management
- Vehicle fleets. The new generations of vehicles
Human factor in driving
- Psychological processes and their influence on driving
- Physiological factors influencing driving
- Drugs as a risk factor in driving
- Types of driving
- Vulnerable users in traffic
- Driver training, competence and aptitude
- Dangerous driving behaviors and attitudes
Operational, business and industrial environment in road safety
- Passenger transport companies
- Freight transport companies
- Vehicle and special transport companies
- School and minors transportation
- The social environment of road transport
- Urban and Metropolitan operational environment
- The interurban operational environment
Preventive methods of road safety
- Defining aspects of the accident
- Accident investigation: data collection
- Accident investigation: investigation methods
- Liability for traffic accidents. Obligatory insurance
Traffic accident investigation techniques, methods and processes
- Education and training on road safety
- Initial training and retraining of drivers
- Preventive road safety methods applied to the vehicle fleet
- The role of the DGT and the police forces in surveillance
Standardized traffic, mobility and road safety management systems
- How to create and improve a mobility plan with road safety factors
- How to create a comprehensive road safety management system
- Road safety audits
- Miscellaneous tools for road safety management
- Standardized road and operational safety certifications
- Risk management in transport and the OHSAS standard
- The culture of occupational road safety: reality, challenges and objectives
Degree plan and integrated management systems
- Integrated management and social responsibility systems
- Design and implementation of projects with applied research and / or development components
- Design and writing of high-level professional articles
- Analysis of practical models for the development of the exam of complex character
About the School
OpenUIDE nace con el objetivo de ser la Universidad a distancia de referencia en el Área Andina. Respaldada y avalada por la Universidad Internacional del Ecuador, una universidad joven, innovadora, p ... Read More