Innovation in business that demands modern business management and the immanent existence of the internet and global society, demands companies, organizations, institutions and daily activities connected to the NICT space to provide technological, commercial, financial organizational innovations, among many others.
This has led to today's talk of computerized companies that have had to go through complex processes of change that have included digitizing and virtualizing business processes leading to new ways and ways of working. This evolution today does not stop.
The Master in Strategic Management in Information Technology (MDETI) program focuses on developing the concepts and skills to train people capable of providing answers and solutions to these companies and to this evolution.
Importance of a graduate training in Strategic Management and IT
To unite the broad field of Administration with the theoretical and applied body of knowledge of the Business Strategy together with a global vision of society, and a strong component of analysis of the role of NICT in the strategic processes of business projects in the new economics, demands a suitable graduate training for:
- Give a broad view of the relationship between the NICTs and society.
- Give a complete vision of strategic thinking from business planning to its deployment in NTIC strategies.
- Understand the intimate relationship between business processes, organizational systems and ways of working with the world of ICT and the Internet.
- Provide theoretical knowledge about NTIC linked to tools and methods in use, and international experiences related to strategic management.
- Skills to overcome the own and unique problems of any activity linked to organizational change processes derived from the implementation of NTIC.
- Capacities to face scenarios that involve distant work teams, scattered knowledge and construction of particular solutions.
- Place ICT in organizations as agents of added value, triggers of change, drivers of reforms and actors of the new economy.
Central concepts of the program: Strategic Management and IT
Studies in the Information Technology area are located in the space between Business Administration and Technology Management, with emphasis on generating a vision that unites business and technology. This allows, on the one hand, to understand the Strategic Direction when aligned with the NICTs and, on the other hand, to apply the Strategic Direction in the ICT function. In the first case, the new forms of management and business management sustained in the NICTs are better understood.
In the second case, a business vision of ICTs is provided when they are considered a strategic resource.
Duration, credit structure and degree
MDETI is composed of 15 subjects, a Case Study and Resolution, and a Master Thesis. Each subject allows to know and understand the fundamentals of business strategy, people management, and the necessary technologies and their associated applications. The objective is to achieve a global vision of business when there is IT involved and they are considered a strategic resource.
The estimated duration of MDETI is 80 credits distributed as follows: 60 credits of subjects, and 20 credits for the formation of scientific research methodology and preparation of the Final Master Project.
Regarding the distribution of time, it is established that:
- Being a distance Program and not being subject to face-to-face classes, a specific start date is not established, so the student can formalize the enrollment at any time, provided there are places available.
- For academic and learning reasons, there is a minimum duration of the Program of 18 months, counted from the date of delivery of the first volume until the date of receipt of the assessment test of the last subject.
- The maximum time available to complete the Program is 24 months. In this period of time, the student must have successfully passed all the activities evaluated to all subjects, and have passed the Master's Thesis.
The Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana (FUNIBER) periodically allocates an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, you only have to submit your scholarship application on the main page of the portal with the required data, and the Evaluation Committee will examine the suitability of your application for the granting of financial aid, in the form of a FUNIBER Training Scholarship.
About the School
The growing and global presence of FUNIBER is due to a teaching model that promotes the collaboration and cooperation among nations to enrich people formation. This model is the result of more than ei ... Read More