The main objective of the Master in Sports Management is to train you to use management tools to help you recognize business opportunities, develop strategies, anticipate changes, optimize resources and analyze information judiciously, without the obstacles of time or place and adapting the pace of study to your individual workload and availability.
- Have a Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have 3 years experience in the field of sports management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Online. Also available on campus in Barcelona (in Spanish), Amsterdam (in English), and Also blended (partially on campus in Barcelona and online).
You have the option of studying the Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Management (32 ECTS) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Marketing (27 ECTS), or you can take modules of the Master separately as specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits towards obtaining the Master degree in a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module. This Master is for you if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for academic training in management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate degree in the administration and management of sports.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sports organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sports marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sports facility and sporting event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning, and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication, and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 11, 2018