Master in Production Management and Industrial Process Improvement
Online master in resource planning, definition of industrial strategy and innovation of productive processes.
In industrial companies, the Production Directorate is a key position whose good management directly impacts the company's results and, therefore, is a critical success factor in achieving competitive advantages thanks to continuous innovation in industrial processes. and Lean Management - Lean Manufacturing.
The Master in Production Management and Improvement in Industrial Processes of OBS Business School pays special attention to resource planning, the definition of a good industrial organization strategy and product innovation and production processes. In addition, throughout the master's degree in industrial production, the various ways of managing change through projects will be studied, with special emphasis on monitoring and control of production and managerial competence development.
In addition to the contents mentioned above, the Master focuses on the study of the two main production methodologies: Lean Manufacturing and Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) and prepares the student to obtain the certifications: QRM Basic (QRM Institute) and Lean Manufacturing (Lean Management Institute). Students will examine these two certifications throughout the Master and, if they meet the requirements, they can obtain them upon completion.
This master in online industrial organization offers a wide range of pedagogical proposals, such as Webinars with invited experts from industrial companies. In addition, it incorporates a DISC Module for the Development of the most important Skills in the area of knowledge. Likewise, participants will have access to a powerful industrial benchmarking tool (INCO-I), with which they will be able to measure the degree of excellence of their production plant.
- Director of operations
- Industrial director
- Lean Manufacturing Manager
- Plant Manager / Factory Manager
- Process Engineering Department
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Responsible for continuous improvement
- Lean Manufacturing Manager
- Kaizen Manager
- Responsible Supply Chain / Approval suppliers
- Industrial Organization Expert
- Director in Industrial Management and Processes
- To offer an integral vision on industrial management in the new competitive environments, focusing on the keys of the Production Management.
- Specialization in Lean Manufacturing Management.
- Competence development of the Production Manager in an industrail organization and be able to implement the methodologies through the most appropriate tools.
- Turn people into 'managers' and experts in the management of production processes.
- Be aware of the importance of conducting a sustainable management of industrial processes.
- Know how to manage production in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
The program is divided into 10 modules and the completion of a Final Project. The modules are:
- Industrial Strategy and Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM
- Operational strategy and operational scorecard
- Introduction to Quick Response Manufacturing
- Time Maps (Manufacturing Critical path Time)
- Project management with Agile-Kanban
- Lean Manufacturing
- Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
- Visual factory
- Value Maps (Value Stream Map)
- Kaizen activities
- Supply Chain Management
- The whip effect and inventory management system ABC / XYZ.
- Bottlenecks and strategic inventory positioning with DDMRP.
- Calculation of DDMRP buffers and purchasing strategies.
- The right supply chain, Agile Chain VS Lean Chain.
- Quality Management in the production plant
- Total Quality Management in the SME.
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and Advanced Quality Planning.
- APQP system.
- Control and analysis of the process (SPC, pre-controls, audits, etc.).
- Process improvement through Lean Six Sigma method. Troubleshooting methods (8D, 5WHY, etc).
- Project management
- Introduction to project management. Methodologies: PMBOK.
- PRINCE2. Agile ISO 21500.
- Goldrath critical chain.
- Monte Carlo method.
- Open Project
- Programming and control of production
- Introduction to Programming and Production Control.
- Push Systems
- Production planning systems. Leveling of Heijunka Production.
- TOC System Lean Systems: SMED, Takt-time.
- Time Measurement Methods, MTM. Production Control Systems:
- ANDON, MES, SCADA and Business Intelligence - BI.
- TPM – Total Productive Maintenance. The 8 pillars of the TPM. OEE and KPI analysis.
- Finance applied to industrial operations
- Introduction to financial statements. Main concepts of balance analysis.
- Ratios for decision making.
- Evaluation and profitability of investments. Criteria to evaluate a project.
- Techniques and methods of investment evaluation.
- Types and cost allocation systems. Conventional methods and new paradigms.
- Competence and relational development
- Organizational affectivity: motivation and emotions
- Management Skills: competence development
- Powerful relationships
- Opportunities and future challenges in people management. The change.
- Pro engagement organizational systems
- The 8 sins of current management and the 8 medicines
- Types of organizations and management styles
- TEAL organizations in the industry: operators involved at 200%
- Holistic structures
- Management and decision making in Operations in globalized and multicultural environments
- Industrial and Operational Management. Case methodology.
- Relationship with property and workers. Business Strategy
- Logistic References: Imports / Exports. Incoterms
- Cost evaluation under the operational perspective. Trading account,
- Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Final project
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Master's Degree in Production Management and Industrial Process Improvement
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain their own degree from the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own degree it is necessary to have a University Degree Degree (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). In case of not having a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, a university extension diploma from the UB will be obtained.