How should an object be? Think about the form that you should have, for example, a chair, without first having assessed everything that affects our future chair in itself, or in essence, the idea of "contraption" to support the buttocks; not only would it be like starting the house on the roof, we would risk saying it would be useless. Would our "gadget" fulfill its objective?
It is evident that an object must be beautiful to generate attraction towards the potential consumer; but what value would generate a beautiful chair more, if it is uncomfortable, does not fit well with the table, spoils the pavement when I move, does not fit in the budget of the company, ... No value. Whenever the briefing did not clearly specify that we should make an uncomfortable chair; for example, so that a visitor does not feel comfortable and leaves quickly.
In this master in product design we will propose to understand the form not as the objective, but as a consequence. When all the factors to be taken into account (company, social context, target audience, usability, functionality, ...) are determined and analyzed by the student, the form will no longer be arbitrary.
The program offers the necessary industrial design tools for the generation of a product from the first contact with the company through the different phases of development.
The main objectives of this program are:
- Contribute the theoretical and practical knowledge to create new objects.
- Train the ability to create innovative products creatively, formally and conceptually.
- Learn to take and justify decisions that affect the result.
- Develop own methodologies during the design process. Select the optimal methodology for each process.
- Select the material and the appropriate production process for the designed product. Anticipate and solve production problems.
- Master the technical language of materials, processes and unions.
- Generate agile physical 3d volumes that serve to make the relevant modifications in the project according to the analyzes carried out on the pieces.
- Use digital modeling tools to communicate ideas and projects and to make technical decisions.
- Manage the phases of a project. Calculate fees and budgets. Negotiate contracts of confidentiality and collaboration with companies.
- Understand and define a briefing.
This Master is aimed at people with the following profile:
- Graduates in Design
- Engineers in Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- University graduates in the fields of engineering, technology, production or design
- University professors in the fields of engineering, technology, production or design. Professional profiles with experience in this field
In those cases where the student accredits higher education prior to a process of accreditation of the University degree, the Academic Committee will evaluate the candidate's CV and portfolio, as well as the study plan, which must maintain a reasonable equivalence with the current Degree studies. from the same area.
The people who pass the evaluation of the program will obtain the double degree : Own Title of ESdesign - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona and Own Title of the International University of Valencia, which will accredit them as professionals in the specialty studied.
Students who complete this Master can develop their professional career in the following areas:
- Industrial design studies
- Technical and innovation departments
- 3D modeler
- Researcher of materials
- Freelance professionals, entrepreneurs, startups, startups
Program taught in: