The direction of operations and the management of the value chain and global supply in a digitized environment is one of the most necessary profiles in a liquid and volatile world as we live.
That is why the role of the person in charge of the business processes that help in the control, the interaction with suppliers and the cycles of production and distribution and the management of the total quality and the innovation applying the new methodologies of operations, processes and management is the piece key to any traditional company that wants to innovate or digital.
The Master in Supply Chain
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the Master in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Define a strategy in Global Logistics and make strategic decisions, both operationally and commercially, reducing insecurities and minimizing risks.
- Manage operations, control quality and innovate processes continuously.
- Design own tactics and know the main operational tools available for Stocks and Lean Manufacturing management.
- Know and define business models based on e-Commerce, in order to apply the best of Digital Marketing strategies based on their needs.
- Familiarize yourself and understand the uses and language of international logistics.
- Develop an entrepreneurial instinct, fundamentally of a commercial nature, with a clear orientation towards international markets.
- Expand your business vision through transversal knowledge of the operational areas of the company (back office) and its integration with the sales structure (front office) in an international framework.
Who is it for?
The Master in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Engineers who want to dedicate themselves to the area of operations and management of the value chain in a global environment.
- Professionals who wish to expand their competitiveness and thus be able to face international markets.
- Directors of SMEs.
- Experts and technicians who are dedicated to the areas of export and operations.
- Professionals and executives who precede from other areas of the company and are looking for a specific training to develop their business vision, promote themselves professionally and expand their professional skills.
- Junior professionals and students who want to specialize in specific areas to guide and develop their career in the field of operations and management of the value chain.
The structure and subjects of the Master in Supply Chain
Module 1. Strategy in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Logistic strategy Supply Chain and its management principles
- The Bullwhip Effect and visibility of demand in logistics systems
- Demand forecasting systems
- Masterclass: The fragmentation of the supply chain and Outsourcing
- Masterclass: Outsourcing of products and services: outsourcing planning
Module 2. Operations Strategy and Production Systems
- The Operations Strategy and its relationship with the Business Strategy
- Introduction to Productive Systems. Types of processes
- Sizing the capacity of the plant. Medium and short term planning
- Masterclass: Making facilities location decisions
Module 3. Stock Management
- The ABC XYZ method applied to stock management
- Techniques for the optimization of stock management I
- Techniques for the optimization of stock management II
- Masterclass: Operations planning using MRP systems
- Masterclass: Openbravo. Working with MRP
Module 4. Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing Philosophy and fundamental principles. Removal of seedlings and implantation of 5S
- Lean tools for the flow development. SMED Layout design. Jidoka Kanban Visual control
- Deployment of Lean Manufacturing. Visual Stream Mapping. The role of suppliers
- Masterclass: Cost systems for products and services
Module 5. Purchasing Management
- Making decisions in the purchasing area
- Supplier management by categories. The matrix of Kraljic
- Supplier Evaluation
- Masterclass: Digital applications for the prospection of global markets. Electronic negotiation with suppliers.
- Masterclass: Shopping in China.
Module 6. Theory of Constraints
- Introduction to Eliyahu Goldratt's Theory of Constraints. Bottlenecks and their management
- TOC applied to Production. DBR system
- The DBR system and its operational aspects. Implementation of DBR
- Masterclass: Success story
Module 7. Warehouse Management
- Warehouse management
- Storage technologies
- Identification technologies Barcode and RFID
- Masterclass: Decisions and installation location techniques (I)
- Masterclass: Decisions and installation location techniques (I)
Module 8. Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0. On the threshold of the fourth industrial revolution
- Industry 4.0. Digital enablers and technological map
- Products lifecycle. Business models based on Industry 4.0
- Masterclass: Industry 4.0. Ethical and social aspects
- Masterclass: Automation and robotics
Module 9. Transportation and Distribution Management
- The distribution function. Typologies and differences. Strategic importance
- Urban distribution News, problems and alternatives
- Commercial distribution The channel of the Great Distribution
- Masterclass: Distribution in the HORECA channel
- Masterclass: The day to day of urban distribution. Lights and shadows
Module 10. Quality
- Approach to Quality policies. Historical evolution and current trends
- Tools for Quality
- Total Quality Management. Introduction to statistics and control charts
- Masterclass: ISO 9001 standard for the certification of the Quality Management System
- Masterclass: ISO 9001. Deployment and certification audits
Module 11. eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- Business models based on e-Commerce. E-Commerce solutions
- From social media to social commerce
- Search marketing
- Masterclass: Metrics and Analytics for e-Commerce
- Masterclass: Logistics in e-Commerce
Module 12. Project Management
- Bases for the integral management of projects
- Project Management Processes. The PMBOK model
- Planning and Control of Projects through management software
- Masterclass: Agile Project Management and Scrum
- Masterclass: Introduction to Critical Chain
Module 13. International transport
- The international transport of goods and its different modes
- Road transport. Multimodal transport
- Marine transport
- Masterclass: Transportation of special goods. Cold products, dangerous products and live products
- Masterclass: Air transport
Module 14. International Expansion
- International Business Expansion
- Global Sourcing
Module 15. Managerial skills
- Leadership and motivational bases of people
- DISC methodology The four human temperaments and their traits of effectiveness and inefficiency
- High performance equipment. Management by competences
- Masterclass: Team Coaching (I)
- Masterclass: Team Coaching (II)
Module 16. Planning and Economic-Financial Management
- Planning and economic-financial analysis I
- Planning and economic-financial analysis II
- Investment analysis
- Masterclass: Control of short-term management. Treasury and current management
- Masterclass: Loan and credit products
Master's Project in Logistics
* The syllabus and masterclasses may suffer modifications motivated by the update and improvement thereof.
Program taught in:
See 13 more programs offered by IEBS - Escuela de Negocios de la Innovación y los Emprendedores »
Last updated January 7, 2019