Master in Information Systems and Technology Management
Online master in systems strategy and ICT management.
Both service companies, industrial companies and even the public administration are increasingly dependent on computerized processes. So the management of the systems and information technology departments have a key responsibility for their design and operation. Its good management and achievement directly impacts the results of the company and, therefore, is a critical success factor in obtaining the strategic objectives of the entities.
The Master in Information Systems and Technology Management provides academic, theoretical and practical knowledge for a better managerial professional performance. The program pays special attention to the definition of a good systems strategy as a means of managerial alignment. We also work on resource planning, methodologies for information management, operational processes, as well as project and service management. During the entire program, the pulse is maintained and technological innovation and its effects on the improvement of the productivity and competitiveness of companies are constantly valued.
The leading companies of the millennium have the exploitation of information as the main source of income generation and decision making at the center of their business models. This new paradigm is exportable and scalable to all business areas, and indispensable in the companies of the future.
With the main objective of preparing new managers to contribute to the improvement of the productivity and competitiveness of their organizations, the Master in Information Systems and Technology Management also contrasts methodologies, reference frameworks and standards (ie ISO, CobiT, ITIL, PMP, etc.), putting into practice the concepts of risk measurement, controls on business processes, dashboards, IT governance and regulatory compliance.
What is more, throughout the master's degree special emphasis is placed on both the knowledge that CobiT 5 gives us and those of ITIL in order to prepare students to take the ITIL Foundation exam.
The Master in Information Systems and Technology Management is continuously improved through the contributions of the participants themselves, the faculty staff and the trends of the sector, always including the most current and interesting topics to achieve the maximum added value to the training process.
The Master of OBS Business School is focused to train professionals and managers to promote innovation, competitiveness, productivity and continuous improvement processes, which in the case of the Master in Information Systems and Technology Management may lead positions such as:
- CIO - Chief Information Officer
- Director of information technologies.
- Director of information systems.
- Director of processes and organization.
- Consultant specialized in ICT project management.
- Director of operations and / or shared services.
- Project Office Director (PMO)
- Technology Consultant / Advisor
- Responsible for Governance, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
- IT Manager, IT Arquitect
- Functional and systems analyst
The Master in Information Systems and Technology Management is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Deepen the main elements of government to align the resources offered by information technologies to business objectives or institutional objectives.
- Direct from a comprehensive vision the management of computer processes in business and administrative environments, knowing how to identify the keys to success in projects, and contributing from the Information Technology Directorate to business strategy.
- Know how to optimize the operational management flows from the consideration, selection and implementation of computerized processes.
- Know how to manage the governance of IT processes, computer risks and regulatory compliance in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Have knowledge of the main tools, methodologies and services most suitable for project management.
- Understand and have a holistic view of new technologies, as well as their pragmatic applicability in business processes and commercial activities.
The program has a duration of 12 months, consists of 10 modules and a final project that is developed throughout the master.
Before starting the academic courses, there is an introductory module to facilitate the management of the platform and establish a shoot to the online learning model.
Academic courses are grouped into three conductive blocks on which the entire program pivots. The three blocks are:
- Block 1.- The new role of the CIO and Digital Transformation strategies.
- Block 2.- The management of information technologies, digital transformation, investment decisions and management of new technologies.
- Block 3.- IT Governance, computer security, Cybersecurity, legal aspects and regulatory compliance.
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Master's Degree in Information Systems and Technology Management
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain their own degree from the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own degree it is necessary to have a University Degree Degree (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). In case of not having a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, a university extension diploma from the UB will be obtained.
About the School
OBS Business School nace en 2006 como la primera escuela de negocios 100% online en lengua española. Se funda en el entorno del Grupo Planeta, líder mundial en la publicación de contenidos para el mer ... Read More