Digitization has changed, and is substantially changing, consumer habits and is multiplying business channels exponentially. For many years now, a new term has been consolidated in the global financial sector, thanks to the appearance of the Fintech, a term that comes from English when merging the words Finance and Technology .
The Fintech are companies that are characterized by being companies with an important technological component, which seek to provide new solutions to the financial sector thanks to new technologies, mobile applications or big data; mainly startups based on new technologies that seek to capture part of the market dominated by large banks, which are often not very innovative or slow in adopting new innovative solutions, as well as in understanding and providing services with new financial solutions to their clients.
If we count both companies Fintech (finance technology) and Insurtech (insurance technology), currently and in Spain, would be dedicated to it around 350 companies and they employ more than 5,000 people, who are nourishing not only talent technological, but of financial talent that bets to move towards these initiatives.
We can currently divide the FinTech Ecosystem into:
- Fintech companies: as we mentioned, innovative startups that propose new solutions materialized in digital products and services easier, cheaper and faster to use
- Digital Banks: New digital banks that aim to respond to the concerns and needs of consumers.
- Payment processors: Companies linked to the financial sector with powerful technological departments that provide services to traditional financial institutions.
- Bigtech Companies: Large technology companies, which are increasingly interested in expanding their business lines, taking advantage of their great brand image, their capabilities in terms of technological and financial resources (Facebook, Apple, Google, Amazon and PayPal).
The Master in Fintech
Objectives And Benefits
Hybrid professionals are increasingly needed to be able to unify the functional financial profile and the technical profile as well as being strong in skills such as creativity, communication and the ability to solve. The essential objective of this Master is to create this professional profile so essential in this sector.
The Master in Fintech
- Acquire a global vision of the impact of new technologies in the financial sector.
- Provide the necessary technicians to carry out disruption projects in the financial sector.
- Form in the field of Blockchain technology, DAO's and smart contracts, including crypto-currencies as a special and transversal case.
The curriculum is developed in 9 modules starting in the month of October of each year with a scheme of six compulsory modules. To this is added 3 optional subjects, 2 practical workshops and a real business project that will start at the end of the first module and that will extend throughout the course of the Master.
The different modules of a month are structured in weeks where the student has a series of goals and milestones to fulfill and a project where to put into practice the knowledge acquired with the guidance and supervision of a mentor.
Program Structure (* subject to Changes)
Before the beginning of the academic year, there is an introductory module to facilitate the management of the platform and establish a filming to the learning model "on-line".
The modules are grouped in three conductor blocks on which the entire program pivots, which are the following:
- Block 1.- Transformation and digital disruption in Banking, where the foundations of the digital transformation that the financial system is experiencing will be laid
- Block 2.- Technologies at the service of the Financial sector, where the main technologies that make up the core of the activities in the Fintech sector are addressed.
- Block 3.- Deepening: this block will offer a series of optional subjects that allow the student to expand their technological knowledge or deepen business aspects
Additionally, 4 practical workshops will be developed to choose minimum 2, where the knowledge acquired will be applied to the development of applications and practical cases of application of the technologies studied will be reviewed.
Finally, the program includes a Project to be carried out during the course of the academic year, where the subjects dealt with and entrepreneurship knowledge can be captured, with the possibility of creating a Fintech startup.
The modules of the course are designed for those professionals who aspire to accelerate the development of their professional career and understand the important role that technology is acquiring in the financial sector:
- Managers and project managers who want to expand their management capacity to undertake projects related to Fintech.
- People with experience or vocation in the area of Fintech who wish to advance their academic preparation.
- Consultants and specialists in the financial sector who want to prepare, update and complete their profile, thus forging their competitive position in the market.
It is recommended that students have a profile from the following fields: Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or other specialties that include a strong analytical component
- FinTech project manager.
- Digital developer in financial corporations or means of payment.
- FinTech Transformation Manager.
- Innovation manager in financial corporations or means of payment.