Students must pay € 250 for fees and academic procedures corresponding to the degree from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia at the time of enrollment.
Why take a Master's in Energy Saving and Sustainability in Buildings?
This Master's Degree trains students to obtain accreditation as an energy auditor, energy and environmental evaluator in the LEED, BREEAM and VERDE certifications. It allows you to join the world of work as an expert in energy efficiency and renewable energies in the urban environment.
- Module I: Energy in Building
- Module II: The Building Envelope
- Module III: Energy Systems in the Building: Hvac and DHW
- Module IV: Energy Systems in the Building: Lighting and Bms
- Module V: Integration of Renewable Energies in Buildings
- Module VI: Energy Simulation of Buildings
- Module VII: Modeling of High Energy Performance Buildings with Designbuilder: A Practical Case
- Module VIII: Sustainability in the Building
- Module IX: Certification Tools
- Module X: Master's Final Project
The program is subject to possible variations / updates of the contents to improve their quality.
Doctor in Physical Sciences. He is a Full Professor of the ETS of Architecture and a professor of Environmental Sciences and Environmental Engineering; member of the Advisory Commission for the Certification of Energy Efficiency of Buildings (Ministry of Housing-Ministry of Industry); Director of the Treatment and Sustainable Resource Management Research Group (TGSR); Director of the R&D Group and Head of the LEED RT Group of GBCe (Green Building Council Spain), Technical Director of iiSBE (International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment); and President of the Spanish branch of the International Building Performance Simulation Association IBPSA-Spain.
He has been Director of the Solar and Renewable Energies Department of CIEMAT; Director of the Department of Energy Saving in the Electrical Industrial Research Association (ASINEL-UNESA); Assistant Professor and Course Manager in the area of conditioning techniques, and Vice President of the AEN AEN / CTN 198 Sustainability in Construction Committee of AENOR and member of the CEN / TC 350 "Integrated Environmental Performance of Buildings" Committee.
He is the author of numerous books and publications, both nationally and internationally, related to Energy Regulations in buildings, Renewable Energies and Sustainability in Buildings.
The professional opportunities of the students who carry out this Master's degree will be directed, among others, to work on their own as an employee such as:
- Energy auditor in an energy service company or energy consultancy.
- Consultant Technician in sustainable building in the sustainability department of construction companies, developers, architecture and engineering studies or as a free professional.
- Accredited professional for certifications, LEED, BREEAM and others. Develop environmental evaluation processes for certification.
- Expert in integrating renewable energies in buildings.
- Expert in energy simulation and energy certification of buildings.
About the School
Structuralia es una escuela de formación de posgrado especializada en ingeniería, infraestructuras, energía y edificación. Estamos convencidos de la importancia de la formación continua de calidad par ... Read More