When talking about editorial design and its different spheres of influence-confluence, it takes no more than 10 seconds to start thinking about which are its most complex and important disciplines.
And as this current of thought advances in your head, the idea that Editorial Design is 100% graphic design from the design or choice of typography with which to work until the delivery of the final art, passing through the discussion on which photo or illustration should accompany that or another layout.
Today, any decision made lightly can be a complete failure of the project. Each of the options chosen must be thought, designed and programmed to obtain an optimal result. For this reason, in this Master in Editorial Design and Digital Publications we will teach you how to calibrate each of these decisions that will make your publishing project a successful project. Both on analog and digital media.
We will work on typography at the micro level , navigating from the beginning of writing, the reason for the whimsical forms of some characters and the drawing of the letter itself. We will see how to start designing a font and what tools we will use to digitize it.
We will study the evolution of the publishing world through the use of typography throughout history. We will see how to conceptualize a project that needs in a certain way. For this, we will work on the decisions to take into account to develop attractive content that we will give the appropriate form to later. We will see what leads us to choose a certain layout, why the choice of one or more different models, what is the convenient reading flow to make our publication coherent and attractive.
We will fully engage in the use of the software indicated for editorial design and we will work in an advanced way on each and every one of the tools provided by said software. Both at print and digital level. We will make our computer work for us, and not the other way around.
And having treated the publishing project as a whole, we will try to shed light on the new publishing markets based on digital media as well as print production. We will investigate the new editorial supports, digital kiosks and production of electronic magazines.
The main objectives of this program are:
- Assimilate the historical, theoretical and practical knowledge for the correct understanding of the editorial project from the choice and development of content to its production.
- Being able to develop creativity and the ability to find original and functional solutions.
- Learn to make decisions to achieve optimal results.
- Acquire mastery of digital tools aimed at the publishing world.
- Master the language used in the environment and discipline.
- Learn each of the methodologies used to achieve a good editorial project.
- Acquire the ability to be critical and be able to choose between a good editorial project and one that is not.
- Master the production phases and be able to prepare good planning as well as being able to calculate fees and budgets.
This Master is aimed at people who meet the following profile:
- Graduates in Design
- Graduates in Communication and Advertising
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Graduates in Journalism
- Graduates in Advertising and Public Relations
- Graduates in Audiovisual Communication
In those cases where the student accredits higher studies prior to a process of accreditation of the University degree, the Academic Committee will evaluate the candidate's CV and portfolio as well as the study plan completed, which must maintain reasonable equivalence with the current undergraduate studies. the same area.
People who pass the program evaluation will obtain the double degree : ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona Own Title ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona and Own Title from the International University of Valencia, which will accredit them as professionals in the specialty studied.
Students who complete this Master can develop their professional career in the following areas:
- Graphic design studios
- Layout departments in Magazines and Editorials
- Creative departments of advertising agencies
- Freelance professionals, entrepreneurs, new companies, startup company ...
About the School
Conoce la Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona Formamos a profesionales para convertirles en motor del cambio que les permita la trasformación del entorno y la generación de nuevos espacios, desarr ... Read More