About this course
Energy efficiency is an instrument of economic and social growth. Renewable technologies are constantly evolving to be more efficient.
To whom it is addressed:
The course is aimed at Engineers and architects, technicians, managers or middle managers, who want to complement their training with a new orientation towards a sustainable model of savings based on energy efficiency and who want to know the operation of renewable energies.
The main objectives of the course are:
- Know the operation of renewable energies to be able to implement them in different areas.
- Know energy efficiency techniques and different existing certifications.
Headway / Unsplash
First part: Renewable Generation Technologies:
- Module 1. Promotion of a generation infrastructure. Analysis of economic-financial viability of the investment.
- Module 2. Project management and construction of infrastructure and generation facilities.
- Module 3. Hydraulic and Mini-Hydraulic Plants.
- Module 4. Wind Generation.
- Module 5. Solar Generation.
- Module 6. Other generation systems.
Second part: Energy Efficiency in Building:
- Module 7. Energy Management and Efficiency.
- Module 8. Energy Systems in Buildings.
- Module 9. Integration of Renewable Energies in the building.
- Module 10. Sustainable building. LEED certification.
- Module 11. Sustainable building. BREEAM certification.
Third part: Final project:
- The student will choose to make the final case study or the part of Renewable Generation Technologies, or the part of Energy Efficiency in Building.
Francisco González Hierro
Industrial Engineer from the Higher Technical School of Engineering (ICAI) of the Comillas Pontifical University and Director of Investee Management of SAETA YIELD, SA, a company belonging to the ACS group and dedicated to the promotion, construction and operation of power generation facilities in special regime.
Doctor of Physical Sciences. He is Professor of the ETS of Architecture of the UPM; member of the Advisory Committee for the Energy Certification of Buildings (Ministry of Development-Ministry of Industry); Director of the Research Group Treatment and Sustainable Management of Resources (TGSR) of the UPM; Director of the ID Group and head of the LEED RT Group of GBCe (Green Building Council Spain); Technical Director of iiSBE (International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment); and President of the Spanish branch of the International Building Performance Simulation Association IBPSA-Spain. Former Director of the Institute of Renewable Energies of CIEMAT and Former Director of the Department of Energy Saving at ASINEL-UNESA
About the School
Structuralia es una escuela de formación especializada en infraestructuras, ingeniería, energía y arquitectura fundada en 2001 por la Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña y los grandes grupos empresari ... Read More