The Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing was born as a result of the union between the extensive experience in training and research, in the field of technology, that characterizes the UPC, endorsed by the recognition and accreditations it has, both nationally and international; and the experience in online training, with a technological and business focus, from OBS .
The Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing allows students to know those key concepts and elements in the matter, from a theoretical-practical point of view, that will allow them to carry out, successfully, projects in this area. In the Master, students will delve into three main blocks:
- Block I. Context.
- Block II. DevOps: process automation.
- Block III. Virtualization technologies, Cloud Computing and Containers.
It is important to highlight that the eminently practical nature of the program allows the student to immediately apply the knowledge acquired during the master's degree.
In the new digital era, companies and startups increasingly demand professionals capable of designing, building, configuring and managing cloud environments. In addition, the unification of software development and operation has become a fundamental need in organizations, as a result of the digital transformation experienced, as well as the need to incorporate new processes and levels of competitiveness as a means of adaptation to this new environment .
The Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing prepares students to respond to this new competitive environment, through a study plan whose objective is to provide all the necessary knowledge to face these new business challenges, as well as help with the development of key competences valued in the labor market
The Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing has the general objective of providing students with all the knowledge and tools, as well as deepening the best practices necessary to develop their professional activity in the dynamic environment of DevOps and Cloud environments. Computing, fundamental in the business of the digital age.
The curriculum of the Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing is designed to achieve, among others, the following specific objectives:
- Understand the process of transformation and / or change experienced by companies that have adopted the DevOps methodology to determine its importance.
- Know the fundamentals of the DevOps methodology to apply them in the management of the implementation and development process of digital products.
- Know the different existing business analysis techniques for the correct development of the planning phase.
- Know the existing verification and validation techniques to ensure the quality of the product developed.
- Understand the differences between Virtualization Technologies, Cloud Computing and Containers to, in the business context, establish the bases for the optimal use of each of them.
- Understand the bases on which cloud services are formed to make proper use of these tools in the company.
- Know the providers and characteristics of the services offered in Cloud Computing to select those that best suit the needs of the company.
Once the program is finished, students will be able to occupy positions such as:
- IT Director.
- Cloud systems architect.
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
- Consultant for Software Projects and Cloud Computing environments.
- IT Operations Director.
Block I. Context
DevOps leveler course
Students start the DevOps & Cloud Computing program with this leveling course that provides basic DevOps technical knowledge. In this course, students will find material resources that will allow them to delve into different topics necessary to follow the course. In this course, they will take multiple choice exams that will serve as a guide for the evaluation of their knowledge and will be evaluated at the end of it.
Module 1. DevOps methodology and Cloud Computing implementation
The objective of this module is to provide students with the foundations on which the DevOps methodology is constituted and the bases on the operation of Cloud Computing services, their implementation and development. Contents such as:
- From traditional methodologies to DevOps methodology.
- Product life cycle management: digital products.
- The production process of the digital product: roles involved.
- Management of the implementation of the DevOps methodology in the company: DevOps ToolChain (phases and interrelationships).
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing.
- Business use of Cloud Computing services integrated in DevOps environments.
Module 2. Process management in the company
The objective of this module is to provide students with the foundations on process management and introduce them to the different existing methodologies so that they can apply the knowledge acquired in the process of developing digital products, from the redefinition of information systems to communication with the client. Students will delve into:
- What is process management?
- Existing methodologies in process management within the organization.
- Business process reengineering (BPR).
Block II. DevOps: process automation
Module 3. The Continuous Planning process
The objective of this module is for the student to know the different phases involved in the Continuous Planning process, as well as the essential techniques and tools that guarantee the correct development of each one of them. In it, topics such as:
- Phases involved in the Continuous Planning process.
- Definition of KPIs: metrics and data analysis.
- Project management: Scrum & Agile.
- Security policies and requirements.
- Key tools: AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps, MS Project, among others
Module 4. Continuous Integration (I): product development
The objective of this module is to provide the student with the bases on the different existing programming languages. The topics that will be worked on are:
- What is Continuous Integration? Introduction to the Continuous Integration process.
- Management of the software design and configuration process.
- Automated development experience.
- Tools: Jenkins, Apache ANT & Buildr, AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps, among others.
Module 5. Continuous Integration (II): verification of product quality
The objective of this module is to provide the student with essential knowledge about those tools and techniques that allow them to ensure the quality of the product developed. The student will see topics such as:
- PDCA: digital product quality.
- Process for the development of acceptance tests and regression tests.
- Phases and metrics for security and vulnerability analysis.
- Process for the development of configuration tests.
- Tools: Azure DevOps, Selenium, Visual Studio, among others
Module 6. Continuous Deployment: product launch and configuration
The objective of this module is to provide the student with those knowledge and tools that allow him / her to carry out the deployment of an application guaranteeing its correct operation, in a coordinated way with the different departments. The following topics will be covered:
- Launch coordination.
- Application implementation process: from development to market launch.
- Detection of errors and proposals for product improvement.
- Storage, databases and network configuration.
- Management of application settings.
- Tools: AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps, Chef, Puppet, among others.
Module 7. Continuous monitoring of product performance
The objective of this module is to provide the student with the knowledge, techniques and key tools in the monitoring process that will allow them to ensure that the final product meets the customer's requirements. The topics to be addressed are:
- IT infrastructure performance.
- User experience.
- Production metrics.
Block III. Virtualization Technologies, Cloud Computing and Containers
Module 8. Cloud Computing: applications and providers
The objective of this module is for the student to become familiar with the cloud itself, through existing providers. Some of the topics that will be addressed in the module are:
- Differences between virtualization technologies and Cloud Computing.
- Fundamentals on Cloud Computing.
- Types of services provided in the cloud: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Types of applications in the cloud.
- The role of Cloud Computing in companies that operate in DevOps environments.
- Practical case applications developed in the cloud.
Module 9. Containers
The objective of this module is for the student to understand how Container technology works and how they interact with the Linux Kernel, as well as highlight its importance in business environments. Some of the topics that will be addressed are:
- What are Containers? Importance and business implementation.
- Management of the use of Containers in companies that operate in DevOps environments.
- Case study with Docker.
Module 10. Container Orchestration: Kubernetes
The objective of this module is that this module is for the student to become familiar with the deployment of distributed applications through Containers in the cloud. Some of the points of the module are the following:
- What is Container orchestration?
- The importance of Container orchestration in the company.
- Existing tools for container orchestration.
- Kubernetes: implementation and management of Containers in business environments.
- Kubernetes case study.
Final Master Project
During the Final Master Project (PFM), the student will work hand in hand with a real company in the development of a project. They will have the option of doing it for their own company or choose between the options proposed by the school.
During the Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing, the student will have the opportunity to do 2 practical workshops.
Workshop 1. Project management, teams, leadership and communication
The objective of this workshop is for the student to work on project management, team, leadership and communication skills in a practical way.
Workshop 2. DevOps Lab: AWS
The objective of this workshop is for the student to become familiar with the process of creating a digital product, applying the DevOps methodology, for which the tools and services of Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be used.
This workshop is carried out transversally throughout the entire second block. The student will have sessions in each of the modules (of the second block), where they will be taught how to apply in a practical way the knowledge acquired to a real case.
Throughout the program students will use, among others, the following tools:
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud Computing services platform, among which the following stand out: storage, networks, databases, application services, messaging, artificial intelligence, among others.
- MS Project: project and program management software.
- Jenkins: open source automation server written in Java. It helps in automating the software development process.
- Apache ANT: programming tool used for the development of Java applications.
- Visual Studio - Integrated development environment that can be used to edit, debug, and compile code.
- Kubernetes - A platform that eliminates manual processes when deploying and scaling containerized applications.
The Master in DevOps & Cloud Computing at Three Points-UPC is aimed at professionals in the IT field, Software Engineers and / or IT Operations with responsibility for IT systems and processes. The objective is that, once the program is finished, they can lead the software development of their companies, ensuring shorter development cycles. All this in close alignment with business objectives.
Therefore, students are expected to be professionals with experience in the sector or to have a solid theoretical base where this master's degree, which has a practical vocation, will serve them for a natural transition to the professional world. Specifically, the master is designed to:
- Responsible for IT systems and processes.
- Software engineers and technology operations.
- Professionals who are working in the software development sector.
Upon completion of the program, students will obtain:
- A proper school title.
- An own degree accredited by the UPC, if the requirements of the University are fulfilled at the end of the program.
About the School
OBS Business School nace en 2006 como la primera escuela de negocios 100% online en lengua española. Se funda en el entorno del Grupo Planeta, líder mundial en la publicación de contenidos para el mer ... Read More