This program is oriented to The program places special emphasis on sustainability and building a transdisciplinary vision that allows achieving a global and greening knowledge of the built environment .
From a multilevel perspective that involves learning at different scales, the program is aimed at professionals who are specifically involved in the processes of creating public spaces and urban areas.
It is the first Master's degree that incorporates advanced studies related to Complexity Sciences . Sciences that promote a new way of approaching reality and that provide us with new tools for the design of cities.
A good part of the contents of the program are oriented to know the evolution of the urban form and the complex social, economic and technological processes that in their irrepressible dynamics continuously shape and reform our cities.
The development of the project is an important element in the Master, since in this process the set of acquired knowledge is synthesized. In this sense, students will develop their ability to analyze complex contexts, set goals and develop strategies for the development of healthy spaces with a high and varied quality of life .
Today, more than ever, the Design of Urban Space is a collective task, so every designer must know the broad interdisciplinary context in which the project is developed. In this sense, a good organization and project management is essential.
The main objectives of this program are:
- Acquire a knowledge of the design of the built space from a transdisciplinary perspective; that is, from a connected perspective capable of reconstructing an overall vision that overcomes the fragmentation of knowledge of our modern hyperspecialized society.
- Know the latest advances in design from the greening approach offered by complexity theory .
- Understanding urban space as a process, which implies developing designs in which strategic thinking is imposed beyond planning.
- Provide the necessary theoretical and practical tools for the development and execution of a good project .
- Know the strategies and foundations of the most outstanding international projects in recent years.
- Contribute knowledge and know-how by studying and completing exercises that will allow the student to consolidate and put into practice the knowledge acquired.
- Develop the student's critical thinking by supplying conceptual tools that allow them to empower themselves and become a self-critical and self-reflective designer.
- Know the new management and organization models of the project specifically linked to this global emergency that we call network society .
This Master is aimed at people with the following profile:
- Landscape architects
- Top Graduates in Design
- Building Engineers
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
In those cases where the student accredits higher studies prior to a process of accreditation of the University degree, the Academic Committee will evaluate the candidate's CV and portfolio as well as the study plan completed, which must maintain reasonable equivalence with the current undergraduate studies. the same area.
People who pass the program evaluation will obtain the double degree : ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona Own Title ESDESIGN - Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona and Own Title from the International University of Valencia, which will accredit them as professionals in the specialty studied.
Students who complete this Master can develop their professional career in the following areas:
- Design Studies
- Architecture Studies
- Urban Studies
- Public and Private Companies linked to Urban Planning and Mobility
About the School
Conoce la Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona Formamos a profesionales para convertirles en motor del cambio que les permita la trasformación del entorno y la generación de nuevos espacios, desarr ... Read More