The Master in Data Science program at Amsterdam Institute of Technology is a part-time, online degree program that prepares you to be an all-round data scientist with both technical and leadership skills.
Reimagining the Educational Model
We offer a learning model that fits today’s generation: skills-based, emancipatory, and completely digital. By joining our digital campus, you can learn anywhere without having to leave your job.
Get the Skills You and Your Employer Want
Our curriculum is competency-based: you focus on your skills development, while we talk to industry experts and learn what they need. We use top-notch digital content and always bring in new tools to further your learning.
Study Now, Pay Later
With our flexible payment models, you are able to focus on your studies. We believe we can help you get your dream job and share the financial responsibility with you.
Work Towards Your Dream Job
Learn from industry experts: our course facilitators and mentors are all working in your dream domain. You work on practical assignments and projects so that you can build a portfolio to showcase employers your skills and know-how. With our Talent Accelerator Programme, we facilitate your entry in the job market through career coaching and employer introductions.
The Master in Data Science is a 60 ECTS degree program. The duration of this master’s program is 16 months with an expected weekly course load of 14-16 hours. This program and the degree are offered in partnership with European Leadership University.
The curriculum combines communal learning during live workshops with data scientists and action learning sets with your cohort, with flexible self-study on our online learning environment.
Data Science Bootcamp
- Module 1: Embarking on Data Science
- Module 2: Mastering the Basics
- Module 3: Getting Serious with Data
- Module 4: Understanding DataFrames and Manipulation
- Module 5: Data Visualisation and Statistics
- Module 6: Advanced Techniques in Data Science
- Module 1: Self-Leadership
- Module 2: Peer-Peer Leadership
- Module 3: Team Leadership
- Module 4: Organisational Leadership
- Module 5: Community Leadership
Using action research, design, and execute a work-based data science project in your workplace/an organization.
Who should apply?
You should join this program if you want to start a new career in data science or upgrade your skills and boost your employability for data science jobs if you consider working as a freelance data scientist or want to start your own business.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a STEM field
- Intermediate or Advanced level of Python programming
- English proficiency (IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90-91)
- Min. 3 years of work experience is preferred, though not required
The admission process consists of three steps:
- Online application form
- Online analytical thinking test
- Interview with Admissions Team
About the School
Amsterdam Institute of Technology helps IT professionals stay ahead in the fourth industrial revolution. We offer flexible, online programs that enable you to work and study at the same time.