The URV-UOC online Master's Degree in Computational Engineering and Mathematics offers interdisciplinary training in engineering and applied sciences. This program includes cutting-edge topics such as computer modeling and simulation, numerical methods, parallel and distributed computing, knowledge representation, networks and graphs, and applied optimization.
The aim of the degree is to prepare students for R&D positions in industry, research centers, and universities. It is intended for graduates with various scientific and technical qualifications (computer engineering, mathematics, telecommunications engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, physics, etc.).
As the program’s lecturers are active researchers in the fields they teach, they can help students to initiate research careers in computer engineering and mathematics.
- Universitat Rovira I Virgili (coordinating university)
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Online teaching organization
Students must complete a total of 60 ECTS credits, distributed as follows: 18 for compulsory subjects, 24 for optional subjects and 18 for the master's thesis. This master is designed to be completed in one year (full-time students) or two years (part-time students).
The master is taught entirely online, except for two face-to-face exams of the following subjects:
- High-Performance Computing (Compulsory)
- Artificial Intelligence (Optional)
In the case of foreign students from countries where the UOC does not have offices, the exams will be online.
Kevin Ku / Unsplash
Graduates in the Inter-university Master's Degree in Computer Engineering and Mathematics are capable of working in:
- Research and development centers
- Companies working in the field of information and communication technologies
- Computing centers
This Master's Degree is aimed at candidates who previously obtained degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, and related fields. As well as a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, and related fields.
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the program, you can also submit:
- Proof of Other training (courses, seminars or other training activities) or professional experience relevant to the content of the master's degree.
- Proof of previous experience in research and/or stays in research centers of at least 4 weeks.
- Suitability of the admission qualification, up to 40 points. Qualifications will be graded in accordance with the following scale:
- Graduates in the field of science: up to 40 points.
- Graduates in the field of engineering and architecture: up to 40 points.
- Other qualifications: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the students' academic record in the university degree that qualifies them for admission to the master's degree: up to 40 points.
- Other training (courses, seminars or other training activities, for which proof must be provided) or professional experience relevant to the content of the master's degree: up to 10 points.
- Previous experience in research and/or stays in research centers of at least 4 weeks (proof must be provided): up to 10 points.
About the School
The Universitat Rovira i Virigili is located in the province of Tarragona, close to Barcelona, in one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe. It is a young and dynamic university serving ... Read More