Blockchain and its business applications
Online Master in Blockchain and its business applications
The Master in Blockchain and its Business Applications was born as a result of the union between the extensive experience in training and research, in the field of technology, that characterizes the UPC, endorsed by the recognition and accreditations it has, both at the national level as international; and the experience in online training, with a technological and business focus, from OBS .
The program allows to know the concepts and key elements of Blockchain technologies that will allow to carry out, successfully, projects in this field. Throughout the program, students will acquire a solid foundation on Blockchain and DLTs, as well as deepen the best practices related to the application of these technologies, in the business environment.
The modules that make up the study plan of the Master in Blockchain and its business applications are divided into three different blocks:
- Block I. Fundamentals of Blockchain.
- Block II. Blockchain platforms.
- Block III. Economic-business applications of the Blockchain.
The general objective of the Master in Blockchain is to provide students with the knowledge and tools necessary to successfully develop and manage business projects related to the implementation of Blockchain technologies in the technological, financial and business areas.
The curriculum of the Master in Blockchain and its Business Applications is designed to achieve the following specific objectives.
- Understand blockchain technology, its implications and applicability in the technological, business and legal fields.
- Know the systems based on Smart-Contracts in contrast or analogy with them.
- Understand the types of languages most used for programming smart contracts and blockchain-based applications.
- Know different methods for the development of blockchain applications.
- Integrate concepts and tools to develop criteria for decision-making related to social and ethical responsibilities in the business world of the new blockchain-based economy.
- Learn to manage implementation projects of blockchain technology in the company.
In OBS we are committed to training as an engine of change, growth and improvement both personal and professional. The application in the professional field of the developed competencies, throughout the program, will contribute to the growth and improvement of the students, as well as of their companies.
Once the master's degree is finished, students can occupy the following positions:
- Innovation Manager / Director in financial corporations, transport and logistics, retail, or other sectors.
- Blockchain consultant.
- Expert in the implementation of innovation and Blockchain projects.
- CEO of companies based on Blockchain technology.
Study Plan of the Master in Blockchain and its business applications
Block I. Fundamentals of Blockchain
Students start the Blockchain program and its business applications with this leveling course that provides basic technical knowledge of Blockchain. In this course, students will find material resources that will allow them to delve into different topics necessary to follow the course. In this course, they will take multiple choice exams that will serve as a guide for the evaluation of their knowledge and will be evaluated at the end of it.
Module 1. Cryptography and cybersecurity
The objective of this module is to introduce the concepts of cryptography and cybersecurity, keys in the development of any service related to the digitization of processes. The topics covered in this one are:
- Elements of the Theory of Information, Encryption and Cryptography.
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Introduction to cybersecurity: cybersecurity risks that digital transformation brings, identifying the typologies of adversaries, attacks and prevention systems.
- Analysis of the DAO attack.
BLOCK II. Blockchain platforms
Module 2. Ethereum and Ethereum for business use (Quorum and Hyperledger Besu)
This module is divided into two parts. The objective of the first part of the module is to provide the key concepts linked to the Ethereum open source platform, which allows the creation of Smart contracts. This part focuses on the technical foundations, governance model, consensus and validation of the platform. This will also address the creation and development of distributed applications (Dapps).
The second part of the module focuses on Ethereum for business use, especially Quorum and Hyperledger Besu which are specifically designed for corporate environments.
Module 3. Hyperledger Fabric
In this module, the student will get to know Hyperledger Fabric. You will delve into the history of Hyperledger, its frameworks, and related key tools. It is key to bear in mind that this platform seeks to support business transactions used by technology and retail giants such as IBM, SAP or Walmart.
Module 4. R3 Corda
The objective of this module is to know in depth R3 Corda, a platform used by various industries in the management of financial services. The topics covered in this module are:
- Consensus and validation in Corda.
- CorDapps; distributed applications built on top of Corda.
- Corda Network: a network of business networks.
BLOCK III. Economic-business applications of the Blockchain
Module 5. IT project management
This module will provide the student with the fundamentals of Project Management necessary to manage an IT project. Throughout the module, the student will obtain the theoretical-practical knowledge necessary to direct a project from its conception to its conclusion, with the consequent transfer to the business of the product / service developed.
Module 6. Blockchain architecture design
After the IT Project Management module, this module will provide the student with the fundamentals of Blockchain architecture design necessary to manage a project for the implementation of DLT and Blockchain technologies.
Module 7. Sovereign Identity based on Blockchain
In this module the fundamentals of a Sovereign Identity based on Blockchain are presented. The student will see and analyze the Sovereign Identity as a use case that affects all sectors.
Module 8. Blockchain applied to transport and logistics
The module presents, to the student, use cases in the transport and logistics sector, such as the case of Tradelens, a shipping platform based on blockchain technology developed by IBM and Maersk. The module analyzes the economic and operational impact that blockchain has in the transport and logistics sectors.
Module 9. Tokenization of the economy
The module presents the fundamentals of tokenization, the representation of real or virtual assets on the blockchain, and investigates how digital tokens are going to transform processes in companies and incorporate new business models.
Module 10. Blockchain applied to banking and finance
In this module, the student will see and analyze different use cases in the banking and financial sector, such as cases related to solutions that allow companies to digitally represent share ownership, using technology based on blockchain. In addition, the module will analyze the economic impact of blockchain technology, in the sectors detailed above.
Final Master Project
In the Final Master Project the student will have the option of carrying out a project for a real company. You can do this for your own company or choose from the projects proposed by the school. The proposed projects may adopt two approaches (business and technological), and within these approaches may take multiple forms.
During the Master in Blockchain and its business applications, the student will have the opportunity to carry out two practical workshops.
Workshop. Introduction to Blockchain and Bitcoin
Workshop on types of Blockchains (public, private and permitted) and Bitcoin. It aims to provide the necessary knowledge base for the student to know the basic structure of blockchain technology, as well as understand the history behind the development of current technology.
Workshop. Blockchain Challange & Ideathon
Workshop whose objective is to offer students a more practical vision of the operation of DLT and Blockchain technologies. The ideathon is a dynamic that aims to generate innovative ideas to face a real need in our society using DLT and Blockchain technologies.
A methodology where the core is the student. A student always connected to the present, a leader in the business world and in constant search for excellence. An active and connected student to grow and inspire society.
Always endorsed by internationally renowned practitioner teachers, who share their knowledge and experience, promoting the professional development of the student. With an agile, flexible and collaborative method that allows the reconciliation of work and personal life.
This methodology is based on an innovative pedagogical model that allows students to learn in a 100% online environment, simulating the complex professional world that they face every day within companies. The didactics focuses on the completion of different consecutive modules that address the various subjects of the study plan in order to advance the learning process in a flexible and organized way.
One of the main bases that makes the Student On learning process possible is the OBS Business School faculty. Formed by prestigious professional practitioners, with an international profile, innovative, active, with extensive experience in their sector and knowledgeable about the current market and technological innovations.
Student On has the student as a fundamental pillar. That is why OBS Business School conducts personalized monitoring throughout the academic year in which students can count on the support of their Program Manager, an academic figure who accompanies the student throughout their training.
This method offers a unique and different educational experience that provides the assimilation of knowledge in a practical way. Real business life situations related to the world of work are simulated in which they will develop: managerial, leadership and teamwork skills. A method of managing personal and professional skills and competencies in management through different learning elements (see the specific elements of the master's degree in the study plan):
- Case studies: Real situations in the business environment are studied and analyzed so that students can apply all the knowledge acquired in decision-making.
- Skills development workshops: Workshops are held in which students discover and develop the different skills they possess both at a communicative, managerial or negotiation level for their professional growth. Some of the workshops that take place are: mindfulness and stress management, managerial skills, coaching skills and competencies, storytelling and corporate communication, managerial development, effective communication, negotiation skills and techniques, coaching applied to EMC: empathy, etc.
- Discussions: In addition to enhancing their professional skills, students develop critical thinking through participation in quality discussions. In them, synergies between the different knowledge and experiences of students and teachers are enhanced.
- Simulators: Use of programs and tools that realistically recreate business situations in order to assess the consequences of decision-making and their results.
- Softwares: The knowledge covered in the different Masters is put into practice through the use of different outstanding software in the business world.
- Master's Final Project / Business Plan: All OBS students carry out the Master's Final Project within the framework of a real and current company, through which they complete their learning process by applying all the knowledge acquired.
Requirements of the Master in Blockchain and its business applications
Student profile and admission requirements
The modules of the Master in Blockchain and its business applications are designed thinking of those professionals, from different sectors, who aspire to accelerate the development of their professional career and understand the role that Blockchain and DLT technologies are acquiring in the business environment. The requirements to access the Master in Blockchain and its business applications are the following:
- Managers and project managers who want to expand their management capacity to undertake projects related to Blockchain.
- Consultants and specialists in Blockchain technologies who want to prepare, update and complete their professional profile.
- People with experience or vocation in the area of Blockchain, who wish to advance their academic preparation.
- Graduates or graduates in technical engineering, ADE, Finance or science (mathematics, physics or chemistry) who want to direct their professional career towards finance.
Upon completion of the program, students will obtain:
- A proper school title.
- An own degree accredited by the UPC, if the requirements of the University are fulfilled at the end of the program.
About the School
OBS Business School nace en 2006 como la primera escuela de negocios 100% online en lengua española. Se funda en el entorno del Grupo Planeta, líder mundial en la publicación de contenidos para el mer ... Read More