Change the way you analyze your organization to transform it into a data driven company. Online program with the possibility of a face-to-face stay in Barcelona.
In the last decade the amount of information that is generated about businesses, people or societies does not stop growing. Social networks, IoT, home automation, connected cars, 5G ... data is the basis of each of the new technologies that reach the market. In parallel, the process and storage capacity has reduced its costs and complexity.
The Big Data market has appeared for years in the hands of large telcos, banks or industry, with two ideas: to increase profit or reduce costs. Nothing new, but it does change the processes, while years ago depended on the knowledge of company executives, now we can find large amounts of information that help us objectify decisions.
The Master in Big Data and Analytics will allow students to identify, together with business, when these types of solutions can help the organization and govern an implementation within the organization.
During the program we will apply the knowledge about technological solutions in a practical way, the objective is to approach the current technology in the market to be able to touch it and see the applicability.
Objectives and Benefits
The general objective is to provide the necessary knowledge to manage a Big Data project from all its aspects, starting from how to identify the opportunity in an organization until it is delivered to the business areas.
The Master in Big Data and Analytics allows you to achieve the following specific objectives :
- How to transform the organization through data analysis and Big Data Analytics towards a Data Driven Organization.
- Know the main technological Frameworks of the market and its main applications: Hadoop, Spark, Neo4j, ...
- What are the different types of information, its storage and quality processes
- How to extract knowledge from the data to generate predictive models via predictive statistics and Machine Learning
- Data governance techniques: Acquisition, storage, process, analysis, visualization.
- Discover the new visualization techniques of Dashboards to improve decision making.
The curriculum is developed over 12 months , with a scheme of 10 mandatory modules , in addition to 4 volunteer workshops and the Think Digital Challenge developed throughout the academic calendar.
Program Structure (*)
The modules that make up the program are grouped into the following 3 conductive blocks:
- Block I: Management and storage : We will identify when we are in front of a Big Data project, we will identify legal problems, we will identify the best environment in which to implement it and we will discover the database typologies that we can use based on the data.
- Block II: Process and analysis : We will learn to exploit the data to convert it into information. We will discover the different techniques and market solutions to finally be able to generate indicators that business can interpret.
- Block III: Visualization and business : The more data we have, the more indicators will be generated, proper governance, security and exploitation will ensure that the entire organization relies on KPIs to make advantageous decisions.
Additionally, 4 voluntary practical workshops will be developed, where the student will be able to acquire a more practical vision of the concepts studied throughout the different modules.
Think Digital Challenge:
Think Digital Challenge is the academic-practical project that students will carry out transversally throughout the program from a learning by doing perspective, putting into practice the knowledge, tools and skills worked throughout the different modules.
The project will base its premises on real needs of top-level corporations so that the student can face the challenges of companies in the new digital era. The defining feature of Think Digital Challenge is the close connection that occurs with the company in the development of work. In addition, the possibility of the student working a real challenge that he is facing in his current work performance is also contemplated.
(*) The contents of the program may be subject to updates and changes in order to adapt to the evolution of the market.
Profile of the Participants
The Master in Big Data and Analytics is designed for professionals of any sector who want to implement a Big Data project in their company, identify what types of projects are of this type and define the best project roadmap to solve it successfully:
- Professionals working in the ICT sector
- Intermediate positions of companies that want to have an advantageous position in future opportunities in your company
- Professionals from the traditional BI sector who want to expand their knowledge
- Technical profiles / consultants who currently work with data and who want to have an end-to-end management vision
Once the master's degree is finished, the student may occupy the following positions:
- Head of Big Data projects and advanced business analytics
- External consultant
- Head of Infrastructure Big Data Analytics in the ICT area.
- Chief Data Officer
- Data Analyst
About the School
No hay elección: las nuevas tecnologías ya no son un mero valor añadido, sino que se han convertido en la única vía para lograr la competitividad y la continuidad de las empresas. Una tendencia que no ... Read More