Master Leadership and Management
The course for managers.
Your door to the business world
Professionals with leadership and management skills must be able to adapt their businesses to rapid changes and, as managers on an international scale, ensure the further development of their workforce. This includes encouraging successful teamwork, evaluation of targets, implementation of measures and the development of processes for the many duties that await you in this exciting environment.
Our international Master program is the perfect catalyst for a successful career as a manager. Graduates from our Leadership & Management course go on to take middle and upper management positions from the project or department management to founding their own companies.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: A standard period of study: 12 months. Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study incl. online exams 24/7
- Post-study work option: 18 months post-study work visa, EU Blue card
- Fees: starting from 554 euros per month* (scholarships available)
Let's get started
Secure your place at IUBH easily and without obligation using our form**. We’ll then send you your study agreement. Do you want to save time and costs? Have your previous classes recognized!
Sign your study agreement and officially enroll
Send us your signed study agreement and supporting documents. After we’ve checked everything you will be officially enrolled.
Begin your studies – flexible and structured with individual and small group support.
**All students are required to post their original, notarized, supporting documents such as degree certificates via post to our Berlin Campus. After the preliminary acceptance letter, students will have two months to send all their documents.
Why it’s worth studying at IUBH
Study online & flexible
Wherever, whenever: With our digital learning materials and our on-demand online exams, we bring the lecture hall to your home.
Develop your international career
Our courses are taught in English, the course contents are tailored to work in an international environment.
Triple financial advantage
Save on tuition, profit from lower living expenses and be able to work alongside your study.
The Leadership & Management Master course builds on your previous business management related degree and deepens your previous knowledge.
- You will gain a deeper knowledge of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will learn about the current challenges in the field of Leadership and Management.
- You can choose to specialize and qualify in your choice of three areas.
- Leadership 5 ECTS
- Strategic Management 5 ECTS
- Performance Measurement 5 ECTS
- Change Management 5 ECTS
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship 5 ECTS
- Managing in a Global Economy 5 ECTS
- 1 specialization 5 ECTS
- Seminar Current Issues in Leadership and Management 5 ECTS
- Master Thesis 20 ECTS
Set your personal focus
During your second semester, you can choose one of the following specializations:
After successful completion of this specialization, you master German as a foreign language in a business context.
The German examinations correspond to levels A1 to B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
This course gives an in-depth view of the economic framework underlying markets and economies and the economic rationale underlying strategic decisions.
In order to enable students to analyze the economic environment and draw conclusions from a managerial perspective, the first part of the course is devoted to the description and analysis of market forces.
Negotiation, in a nutshell, is the interpersonal decision-making process by which resources are distributed or conflicts resolved. Whether on the job, in the marketplace, or with family and friends, people negotiate all the time.
The Module draws on empirical insight gained by the wide range of academic disciplines investigating negotiation: Social Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Legal and Management Studies. The Module provides students with a thorough understanding of negotiation and how to negotiate. The conceptual insights are illustrated by current real-world negotiation examples from a broad array of contexts.
You can complete your Master study in one or two years. Study over a longer period of time means a reduced weekly workload. Study over two years is particularly suitable for those who already have a large workload or those who would like to reduce the monthly costs.
The investment is worth it: your career perspectives
Europe, especially Germany, is in high demand for skilled professionals, which creates enormous career opportunities for you: Eager to attract immigrants to the country to offset a shortage of skilled labor due to demographic changes, the German government wants to attract well-educated immigrants, especially from technical fields such as IT, Engineering and Natural Sciences.
Distance Learning - 60 ECTS
- FULL-TIME: 967 €/month
- 12.400 € Total fees* 12 months
- PART-TIME: 554 €/month
- 14.084 € Total fees* 24 months
Your funding options
Studying at IUBH should be possible for anyone who is interested and money should not get in the way of an education. That’s why we support motivated and gifted applicants with high potential with a range of scholarships.
- Women in Leadership & Management
- STEM/MINT Professionals
- Future Entrepreneur
- Online Learner
Prerequisites for admission to the Leadership & Management Master program:
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognized university/higher education institution
- Degree certification of at least “Befriedigend” [lower second equivalent]
- Proof of min. one year of relevant work experience
- Proof of English skills for non-native speakers via TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo before commencing study
- TOEFL (min. 80 points, within the last 2 years)
- IELTS (min. Level 6, within the last 2 years)
- Duolingo English test (min. 60 %, within the last 2 years): this can be taken anywhere at any time using your smartphone and costs $49. You can find out more information about the Duolingo test from our student advisory team.
Access options (depending on the previous study):
- For 240 ECTS from first degree: direct access possible
- For 210 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC) or optional courses for 30 ECTS
- For 180 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
The Leadership & Management Master opens the door for your career in business on an international stage. Here are a few examples of what positions this degree can lead to:
Change Management involves all projects, activities, measures, and duties that effect wide-reaching changes in a business. For the most part, it involves pursuing new strategies, change developed strategies, updating technical and organizational systems, improving processes and procedures or shaping and changing the habits of organization employees. As a Change Manager, you will accompany and guide your company through these processes.
Entry salary: 42‘000 to 75‘000 euros
As a Project Manager, you would be holding all the reins for a company project. You would lead, organize, budget and keep the view of the bigger picture. You would be responsible for the planning, implementation, acceptance, and post-processing of projects. This can involve product launches, website relaunches, business restructuring, and similar projects. As part of these projects, your role would primarily be to coordinate and delegate the corresponding roles and be available as the project contact partner.
Entry salary: 38‘000 to 65‘000 euros
As a Consultant, you would consult various businesses. These consultations could be on general management of the business or how to go through a process of change. You would be required to adapt your basic consultation concept to the individual needs and assignments of your client without ignoring your employer’s – the consultancy – targets.
Entry salary: 41‘000 to 60‘000 euros
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IUBH’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IUBH graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 11, 2018