The Master in Safety and Food Quality allows to adapt scientific knowledge in the food field to the legal provisions in continuous change and to update the norms of quality, applicable in the alimentary area. Studying this Master also allows to obtain knowledge about the diversity of food industries that exist in the market and the processes that apply to each of them.
The economic development of the food industry, European Union regulations and legislation, make producers and suppliers more responsible for providing food to safer and healthier consumers. It is in this context that a professional is increasingly sought by organizations, the food quality and safety technician, responsible for ensuring and guaranteeing the quality of products and processes and therefore the satisfaction of customers and consumers. The role of the auditor of food safety and quality control, who is responsible for the design, development, implementation and audits of food safety and hygiene systems, is essential.
Upon successful completion of this Master in Quality, Hygiene and Food Safety, he will obtain a double degree from the IMF Business School and the Camilo José Cela University, which will open a world of new professional opportunities in the areas of elaboration, production, transportation and handling of food. Will be able to implement ISO, OHSAS, BRC, IFS, GlobalGAP and SAL standards in any organization, standards, models and standards.
By undertaking an IMF Business School food safety training course, you will have access to a job placement and internships, allowing you to take the knowledge acquired into the real world of the food industry and to food companies.
Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
Licensed and / or with professional experience who want to obtain technical skills on fundamentals, applications and management of quality systems in the food industry
- Food and nutrition
- Food Microbiology
- Food disruption and contamination
- Allergies and food intolerances
- Legislation and standards
- Food Groups
- Food preservation
- Food classification
Food Safety and Hygiene
- Food safety and hygiene
- Self-monitoring system
Food Transformation and Conservation Operations
- Preparation of raw materials
- The mechanical separation
- Heat treatment
- The removal of heat
- Non-thermal treatments
- Auxiliary operations and services
- Environmental impact of the food industry
Instrumentation of Measurement and Control of Variables
- Physical magnitudes. System of units
- Measurement of variables
- Measurement and control instrumentation
- Process control
- Measurement and Calibration
Technical Elaboration Processes
- Dairy industry
- Meat Industries
- Processed vegetables
- Olive oil
- Beverage industry
- Wine making
- Bottled water
- Refreshing drinks
- Production of pasta
- Cereals for breakfast
- Sea products
Fundamentals of Quality Management and Food Safety
- Quality management and food safety. Basic concepts and evolution
- Quality infrastructures
- Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001
- Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems: The OHSAS 18001 standard
- Statistics applied to quality
Models of Quality Management Systems and Food Safety
- Management system models applicable to the food sector
- Specific food safety standards and protocols. GFSI
- Self-monitoring system HACCP + ISO 9001
- Global Food Standard: BRC
- International Food Standard: IFS
- ISO 22000
- FSSC 22000
- Other certification schemes
- Spanish Standard: SAL
- Other food certification systems
Implementation, Documentation, Audit and Improvement of Management Systems
- Implementation of the management system
- The documentary support of the management system
- Integration of management systems
- Audit of management systems
- Continuous improvement and business excellence
- Tools for continuous quality improvement
Master's Final Work
Basic, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate or Advanced
The student can choose one of the four levels
The Master in Quality, Hygiene and Food Safety offers a totally flexible methodology adapted to your needs, regardless of geographical location or availability of time.
E-Learning Methodology: All content will be available on the campus virtual campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without any mandatory schedule so it becomes extremely flexible. In this way, it is easy to reconcile an active professional life with an excellent academic formation.
All contents are updated with great technical rigor, are easy to understand and have a clear practical vocation.
The IMF Business School offers its students:
- Personal tutorials (chat, phone, email)
- Discussion and discussion groups through forums and chats
- Self evaluation tests
- Case studies and documentation
- Possibility of live lessons
- Virtual Library
The student has self-assessment exercises during each module of the training program to help measure progress in studies.
To obtain the double degree Master IMF Business School + Master Camilo José Cela University, it will be necessary to pass a final evaluation exam.
The Course Tutors Panel is comprised primarily of corporate and academic professionals who can pass on to students real work experience and practical examples from their experience in business activity.
Download the programmatic content to know the Panel of Tutors.
Sector in Auge
The demand for professionals in this sector is increasing, with very optimistic expectations of growth, both at the community level and globally, due to the increase in the rigor and demand of food controls.
- Quality Control Technician
- Rural Environment, Elaboration and Direction of Agroindustrial Projects, Direction of Operations, Innovation of Agrifood Products or in Projects of Biotechnology applied to Agricultural and Livestock Engineering
- Restoration Services such as Quality Control Technician, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points HACCP or Food Handler Trainer
- Consulting as Business Advisor for the Implementation of Food Quality Standards (BRC, IFS, ISO 22000, etc.), HACCP as well as legal, scientific and technical advice
- Research in Laboratories of Quality Control and Analyzes
The IMF Business School, through the Job and Internship Portal, offers students of the Master in Quality Management, Hygiene and Food Safety, internships in the sector.
Among the companies with which we have partnerships, we highlight the following:
About the School
O IMF Portugal é uma sociedade comercial de Direito Português inserida no grupo IMF Business School, e a sua atividade dirige-se aos Países de Língua Oficial Portuguesa. O IMF Portugal tem como objeto ... Read More