Master in Financial Management
The Master in Financial Management OBS favors the development of managerial skills and a comprehensive education in finance. Here is a key element in deciding a course in an area that is evolving so quickly completely renovated and updated (with subjects related to venture capital, business valuation, derivatives, mergers and acquisitions) program, the most advanced international market, as finance.
The program integrates all the necessary knowledge from the beginning of the business to growth, with the creation of a group of companies. Since the financial activity of an SME to the financial leadership of a group of companies and, therefore, the obligation to consolidate financial information.
The students graduate in Management and Financial Management OBS-UB strengthen skills in line with demand trends of the global labor market and the requirements demanded by major companies seeking an expert in finance profile.
Some of the sectors that can work are:
- Investment banking
- Financial advisory boutiques
- Venture capital funds (venture capital)
- Private Banking
- NGOs and microfinance
- Hedge funds
- Private equity
- Asset Management
- Multinational companies
- Small and medium enterprises
- Regulatory bodies
- Multilateral financial institutions
- Family offices
Objectives of the Master in Financial Management
What goals are going to get?
- Make an assessment of the financial position of companies.
- Making investment decisions and financing, assessing their impact on the company.
- Knowing how the markets and how to evaluate the assets traded.
- Manage various financial risks to which the company is exposed.
- Knowing the global nature of business and the new role of CFOs.
- Designing financial strategies aligned with company strategy.
- Implement financial policies for the proper management of the treasury, investment or tax planning.
- Know the technological tools for information management.
- Encourage teamwork of people within the Finance Department.
- Assess the financial implications that entails a business growth or international activity.
- Get a second accredited by the most reputable business school in Spain, EAE Business School, as ranked Merco (2014) and guaranteed qualification for a major public universities in Spain, the University of Barcelona (UB), with more than 560 year history.
Curriculum Master in Financial Management
The program is divided into 5 sections:
- FINANCE: Finance Department.
- FUNDING: Funding sources; international finances.
- INVESTMENT Investment selection; business valuation; fusions and acquisitions.
- MANAGEMENT: Diagnosis, planning and control; treasury management; risk management; information systems.
- FINAL PROJECT
Requirements Master in Financial Management
The fundamental goal of our admissions process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process: 1. Prerequisites for admission in February. Admission 3. Personal Interview 4. Cover letter in May. 6 Assessment Admissions Committee. Matriculation
Master degree in Financial Management
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will be awarded the UB (University of Barcelona). In addition, all persons who pass the assessment will receive the degree of EAE Business School.
To obtain the degree of UB is necessary to have University Degree (Engineering Degree or Diploma). Failure to have a University Degree, once passed the different assessments, a diploma of university extension of UB is obtained.
Financial Aid Master in Financial Management
OBS offers candidates the scholarship program to promote continuing education for professionals, entrepreneurs and managers. To apply for one of these grants, which fund part of the program, candidates must be admitted to the program and meet the specified requirements.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will assess the adequacy of the profile and the career of the candidates, the reasons given in the letter of scholarship application and the candidate's professional and academic recommendations.