The Master in Environmental Management of the IMF, seeks to train professionals who respond to the increase in demand that has occurred in recent years in organizations and companies in the area of environment.
The reality that we live in, in a world where resources are scarce, contamination, loss of biodiversity, desertification, among many other problems that need immediate action, we can see that there is a forgetfulness of the protection and management of the environment.
Society is increasingly aware of sustainability and protection of the environment, and as a consequence, the number of companies that recognize the need for an internal and effective view on the environment is increasing. Companies, organizations and institutions have to comply with standards regarding domestic production, current legislation and public opinion.
The master in environmental management seeks to unite these needs of protection of the environment to the business management. The information that the knowledge about the environment provides to the company is necessary and of great use for the decision making of entrepreneurs and institutions.
With this master, the student is prepared to be able to implement and develop environmental management systems, reduce and evaluate the organization's own impact on the environment, perform audits and interpret rules and standards (ISO14001).
IMF is synonymous with quality training and this master is evaluated by TÜV Rheinland, responding to the challenges that arise from the Human / Technology / Environment interaction.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Professional Experience
Licensed or with proven professional experience in the area, who wish to acquire knowledge, techniques and models of environmental management, including aspects related to Corporate Social Responsibility, that need to renew their knowledge or be updated with regard to legislation.
Introduction to the Environment
- Concept of the environment
- Global environmental issues
- Environmental ethics and sustainable development
- Introduction to environmental law
- European environmental policy and Community standards
- State, regional and local legislation
* For students in Colombia: includes the environmental legislative module of Colombia
Atmospheric and Acoustic Contamination
- Legal regulation of atmospheric contamination
- Atmospheric contamination
- Acoustic contamination
Contaminated Waste and Soil Management
- Legal regulation of waste
- Waste management
- Contaminated soils
Spills, Contamination and Water Treatment
- Legal regulation of waters
- Hydrological, hydrogeological and limnological characteristics
- Drinking water
- Waste water and spills
The Environmental Impact Assessment
- Introduction and general concepts
- Legal regulation of environmental impact assessment
- Administrative procedure for environmental impact assessment
- The environmental factors
- Assessment and valuation of environmental impacts
- Preventive, corrective and compensatory measures
- The environmental monitoring program
- Applied methodology for environmental impact assessment in a project
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
Environmental Management Systems and Audits
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001: 2004
- EMAS III Environmental Management System according to Regulation (EC) No. 1221/2009
- Audit of environmental management systems
Specific Tools for Environmental Management
- Introduction and objectives
- Quality and product conformity
- Eco Marketing
- Analysis and evaluation of environmental risks
Environment and Enterprise
- Economy and environment
- Corporate social responsibility
- Integration of management systems in the company
Basic, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate or Advanced
The student can choose one of the four levels
The Master in Environmental Management offers a totally flexible methodology adapted to your needs, regardless of geographical location or availability of time.
E-Learning Methodology: All content will be available on the campus virtual campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without any mandatory schedule so it becomes extremely flexible. In this way, it is easy to reconcile an active professional life with an excellent academic formation.
All contents are updated with great technical rigor, are easy to understand and have a clear practical vocation.
The IMF Business School offers its students:
- Personal tutorials (chat, phone, email)
- Discussion and discussion groups through forums and chats
- Self evaluation tests
- Case studies and documentation
- Virtual Library
Continuous evaluation as you progress in the study of the Master in Environmental Management. Each module is evaluated through the combination of online exams and case study development.
Obtaining the double degree, Master IMF Business School + Master Camilo José Cela University, is subject to overcoming all modules.
The Course Tutors Panel is comprised primarily of corporate and academic professionals who can pass on to students real work experience and practical examples from their experience in business activity.
Download the programmatic content to know the Panel of Tutors.
At the end of our Master in Environmental Management you will be prepared to practice as:
- Environmental Management Technician
- Specialist in Environmental Impact Assessment
- Specialist in Quality Standards
- Auditor in the Environment
- Specialist in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)