Learn how to use price and promotion analytics to effectively allocate your marketing budget to maximize profits.
About this course
In this marketing course, you will learn how to price your offerings, as well as how to allocate your scarce marketing budget among different promotion vehicles to maximize their overall impact in the organization.
You will also learn how to select prices to maximize profits or fulfill other specific company objectives.
This course is taught by Stephan Sorger who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com, and NASA. He has also taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace. Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
What you'll learn
- Price Analytics.
- Promotion Analytics.
- How to allocate marketing budgets over multiple campaigns.
- Exclusive Content for Verified Learners:
- Exclusive how-to videos on applying the R programming language to analytics. Many companies, such as Facebook and Google, use R for analytics, so it is a language you need to know.
- Exclusive discussions just for verified learners on the use of R in analytics.
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Effort: 5–7 hours per week
- Price: FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $249 USD
- Institution: BerkeleyX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More