Learn the best approaches and practices for marketing measurement, including how to use metrics to measure success.
About this course
Begin your journey in a new career in marketing analytics. Learn about powerful strategies and methodology, starting with identifying market trends and metrics used to measure marketing success.
In this marketing course, you will learn how to execute market sizing, identify market trends, and predict future conditions.
This course is taught by Stephan Sorger who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com, and NASA. He has also taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace.
Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
What you'll learn
- How to identify market trends.
- How to predict future conditions.
- An understanding of metrics used to measure marketing success.
- Exclusive Content for Verified Learners:
- Exclusive how-to videos on applying the R programming language to analytics. Many companies, such as Facebook and Google, use R for analytics, so it is a language you need to know.
- Exclusive discussions just for verified learners on the use of R in analytics.
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Effort: 5–7 hours per week
- Price: FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $249 USD
- Institution: BerkeleyX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English