This course will cover the basics of global maritime shipping with a particular focus on containerization and liner shipping. All our courses are online course This course is aimed at a person wishing to enter the Maritime Shipping Industry in an administration role, a new recruit starting in the industry, a receptionist or assistant in the shipping industry or someone who wishes to complement their existing knowledge base. This is a stand-alone certificate course. Course Outline Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate
- International Maritime Trade
- Vessel and Cargo Types
- The Container Export and Import Transactions
- Types of Shipping Services
- The Key Role Players in Maritime Shipping
- Overview of Maritime Shipping Documents
- Shipping Terminology - Glossary of Industry Terms
- English language, all courses are written in English as this is the primary language of global business.
- Computer, internet connection, and printer (should you wish to print the course).
- A valid e-mail address.
- Time set aside to study as per the course requirements
Course structure 2 weeks part-time or 4 days full time. Part-time studies - where you study part-time in the evenings and on weekends using our online training program. Full-time studies - when you take time off work to study full time using our online training program Recommended study time set aside – we recommend 5 to 7 hours per week for each module/pilot certificate ie the part-time 2-week pilot certificate course will need 10 to 15 hours. The time will vary depending on the students' original knowledge of the course material. A soft copy of your full course module in a PDF format will be available on the e-campus for you to download. You will then be able to print a hard copy for study purposes if you choose. Pass mark = 65% Learner support
- Personal e-Tutor - You will be nominated a personal e-Tutor, all communication with your e-Tutor will be done via email. You may contact your e-Tutor at any time regarding your course.
- Student Forum - A student forum is available online at the e-Campus for discussions, questions and networking with like-minded colleagues
Passing your course On passing your course you will receive an e-certificate via email. Course Objective With the successful completion of this course you will be able to :
- Secure a position in the Shipping industry
- Be eligible for advancement within your company
- Be confident that you are professionally trained and equipped for the Shipping industry
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 3, 2018