Today's volatile and often uncertain economy requires financial professionals with the skills necessary to succeed in an often-chaotic business environment.
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) online degree from New England College of Business focuses on preparing graduates to craft financial plans and strategies. The online MSF program provides a rigorous and relevant curriculum through which students can deepen their knowledge of finance, broaden their opportunities within the industry and hone their quantitative skills.
This accelerated graduate degree program requires 10 courses and can be completed within 15 months of continuous enrollment.
Master the tools for success
The online Master of Science in Finance degree program was designed with input from seasoned professionals who understand the demands of this complex industry. Our program advisory board includes CPAs, CFOs, VPs and bank presidents with longstanding ties to KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and similar organizations.
This program offers:
- Seasoned faculty with decades of real-world experience in finance
- Accelerated, five-week term that allows for a deep dive into class topics
- Aggressive exploration of current industry needs and trends
- An award-winning, online learning platform that enables students to interact with instructors and fellow students
Enhance your career while in school
Throughout this program, team building, cross-sector learning and professional networking are encouraged through small, online classes. Your fellow students may include finance professionals such as treasurers, fraud analysts, underwriters, financial analysts, tax specialists, bank presidents and portfolio managers—to name a few.
The comprehensive courses in this online degree program are designed to help prepare graduates for professional certification. Graduates may pursue the following professional designations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Who should apply?
The Master of Science in Finance program is designed for working adults seeking careers in asset management, debt, equity and commodities trading, investment banking, commercial lending, mutual funds, hedge funds, insurance and other jobs in the financial sector. This includes those who want to shift their career path into finance as well as those who are currently employed in finance and want to deepen their knowledge in this field.
A business undergraduate degree is not required for admission into the Master of Science in Finance program.
Master of Science in Finance Admission Requirements
We accept admission applications for our accelerated online Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program throughout the year. Evaluation of each candidate's application is based on the following:
- Online Application for admission through the Student Enrollment Portal.
- Payment of $75 application fee (one-time, non-refundable)
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college with a 2.70 GPA or higher or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency
- Official copies of all college/university-level transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) along with program and course descriptions if student is seeking to transfer credit
- Essay (approximately one-two pages) describing how the graduate program will help student achieve his/her long and short term personal and professional goals.
- Current resume
- Student Financial Agreement or financial loan documentation if student is seeking alternative funding
- MSF: Statistics and Corporate Finance
The Program Chair or other qualified College administrator will evaluate and approve applications to ensure that admissions requirements have been satisfied. Optional: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required. However, you can submit scores to strengthen your application.
Foreign language students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS testing scores that meet the following New England College of Business admissions requirements for admittance to Graduate Programs:
Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- A score of 550 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL test
- A score of 90 on the online version of TOEFL (iBT)
International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS)
- A score of 6.0 or higher
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
- A score of 650 or higher
Students that do not already have foundational coursework in finance and statistics may be conditionally accepted, subject to completion of up to 2 prerequisite courses: Corporate Finance and Statistics. These courses must be completed with at least a 2.7 (B-).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 20, 2016