Whether you are already building your career in finance, or you’re just starting out, we want to make sure you’re ready to take on the future of an ever-evolving sector.
Our specialist Masters course is led by academics from Manchester Metropolitan University’s triple accredited Business School (EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB) to give you the confidence and skills you need to manage the complexities of the global business, finance and accounting landscape.
Delivered 100% online from the City of Manchester, the UK’s second-largest financial centre*, you will explore the key topics and technologies that are changing the way we do business – from governance, risk and control to FinTech and more. Throughout, you’ll use real-world case studies that will harness your strategic thinking skills and put theory directly into relevant practice.
There are six intakes annually for this course, with programmes starting in January, March, May, July, September and November.
Features and Benefits
- Research focused, practically-minded - Exploring topics that are grounded in the latest research, ranging from performance management to corporate governance and risk, you will also gain an in-depth knowledge of the financial technology that is shaping the global business landscape. With practicality at its heart, you will have the opportunity to tailor your learning to your current role, helping you to increase your profile and performance at work, whilst you study.
- Recognition for prior learning - If you already have a professional finance qualification from a recognised institution, such as ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS or CIMA, you could be exempt from four of the programme's eleven modules.
- Speed up your CIMA qualification - As a Manchester Met masters graduate, you are eligible for an accelerated entry route to the CIMA Professional Qualification, called the Master's Gateway route. The Master's Gateway route will allow you to progress to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification upon the completion of one exam, bypassing 11 other modules.
- Study your way - From an easy application process, the opportunity to begin your studies at six different entry points in the year and the choice to pay per unit that you study, we’re here to do everything we can to help you achieve your goals without taking a career break. Our Virtual Learning Environment has been expertly designed to help you study when and where it suits you best.
- Grow your worldwide professional network - Through our live online seminars with tutors and peers, you will regularly collaborate with business professionals around the globe, making invaluable industry connections that can open doors now or in the future.
- Be supported every step of the way - We pride ourselves on our students’ study experience. As an MSc Finance and Strategy student, you will be assigned a dedicated Student Success Advisor. They’ll be there to cheer you on from the sidelines and help you to get the most from your time with us.
*Financial Reporting Council, Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession 2018
About the School
We are a great, modern university, in a great global city, here to make an impact on Manchester, our nation and beyond, with a driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge, and make higher e ... Read More