The topics covered by the post-graduate MSc course include online marketing, data science, machine learning, blockchain technology, IT security, data management, and data protection. The complementary module in Organizational Behavior & Leadership focuses on the insider’s view of organizations. By teaching state-of-the-art knowledge, and providing a strong practical focus, this course enables participants to become the driving force of digital transformation in their company and establish a leading culture based on corporate entrepreneurship.
A large part of the course consists of online or mobile learning sessions. Synchronous and asynchronous e-learning elements and compact on-campus classes are combined in an innovative approach, also referred to as blended learning. This concept ensures a maximum of flexibility regarding both time and location. Much of the program is taught via the highly modern MCI online learning environment and the Investment Punk Academy. In addition, there are two to three on-campus courses per semester. These are usually held between Thursday and Saturday and give students the opportunity to network, attend lectures, and master group challenges. Courses are planned to take place in Innsbruck, Vienna, Frankfurt, Munich, and Berlin.
Fundamentals of Business Administration
- Strategic Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Investment & Finance
- Strategic & Operational Management Control
- Human Resource Management
- Innovation Management
Fundamentals of Digitalization & IT
- IT Governance & Legal Bases (e.g. GDPR)
- Databases & Data Storage
- Analytics: Data Evaluation & Visualization
- Web-Based Services
- Smart Technologies & the Internet of Things
- Digitalization Trends & Dimensions
- Business Models (Traditional vs. New Economy)
- Entrepreneurship & Business Planning
- Data Management, IT Security & Intellectual Property
- Human Resource Development & Leadership
- Management: Finance, Human Resources, Marketing
- Ethics & Responsibility
Organizational Behaviour & Leadership
- Organization & Culture
- Teams & Diversity
- Human Resource Development & Coaching
- Agile Leadership
- Work & Organizational Psychology
- Theories of Perception & Cognition
- Decision-Making Processes & Theories
- Communication, Negotiation & Conflict Management
Supervised Master's thesis and complimentary seminars; Final examination by a committee
In the final phase of the MSc in Digital Economy & Leadership program, students are required to write a Master’s thesis that meets the highest of academic standards. The subject is determined by an issue encountered in the student’s own organization or professional environment.
Upon completion of the Executive Master’s program, graduates are awarded the internationally acknowledged title of a Master of Science in Digital Economy & Leadership (MSc).
Our graduates profit from our strong network of recognized lecturers from science, business, and society, even beyond their studies. The exchange with international students also improves their own network and creates international acceptance for the benefit of all our students.
Accreditation by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the award of the Premium Seal by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) are testimony to the high quality standards and international standing of this program and respective degree.