Earn Your University of Fairfax Cyber Security Master's Degree Online
The accredited Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management (MSCSM) degree program consists of 12 online courses.
Learn from seasoned security practitioners and utilize cutting-edge curriculum to take your cybersecurity credentials to the next level. The University of Fairfax Master’s program was developed by industry experts and allows you to explore the full spectrum of the cybersecurity field.
Degree Program Objectives
The MSCSM degree program develops professionals who:
- are recognized as knowledgeable and qualified practitioners in a specialized field of information security
- possess a depth of knowledge of current cybersecurity practices
- apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the analysis of issues relevant to the cybersecurity community
- utilize secondary research competencies in the investigation and selection of best-practice solutions to information security challenges
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to address a specialized area of information security management
Degree Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the MSCSM degree program, you will be able to:
- compile, analyze, and assess the applicability of best practices in addressing information security issues relevant to the cybersecurity community
- evaluate the impact of business constraints and processes on the implementation of information security programs
- integrate principles and techniques of risk analysis, project planning, and change management in the development of information security strategies
- demonstrate secondary research skills in the investigation and selection of best practice solutions to address information security challenges
- demonstrate mastery of theory, concepts, and skills in addressing specialized aspects of information security management
Potential Careers for Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management Graduates:
When you graduate with an MSCSM at Fairfax, you will be prepared for many exciting careers in this growing industry. Our graduates have gone on to work in high-level positions in the United States Navy, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Lockheed Martin, Cisco Systems, Wells Fargo, and more!
Whether you want to work as a Chief Technology Officer, Cybersecurity Technician, Engineer, Manager, or Incident Analyst, we will help you develop the skills to succeed in your chosen career. Learn more about the career potential for some of the most common jobs in the cybersecurity field:
Cybersecurity Specialists sometimes work as Information Security Analysts, a role that is rapidly growing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these roles are expected to grow at a whopping 28% between 2016-2026. This is much higher than the national average of 7% for all occupations combined.
I.T. auditors are specialists that help companies protect their valuable data. They work with I.T. teams to make sure the internal networks and organizational processes are optimal for securing proprietary data and other confidential information. Some I.T. professionals work as Computer Systems Analysts, using these same skills. According to the BLS, professionals in this role earn an average salary of $87,220 per year.
Like Computer and Information Research Scientists, Cybersecurity Engineers solve the tough challenges that companies and organizations face, handling potential threats and vulnerabilities in their networks. The BLS states that computer and information research scientists can earn around $111,840 per year and that these roles often require a master’s degree. When you speak with our advisors about your career potential, be sure to ask what other masters-level careers graduates can pursue our MSCSM degree.
Overall, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects cybersecurity professions to grow at an average rate of 13% between 2016-2026. This means that students seeking advanced security skills should strongly consider the online Masters of Cybersecurity Management program at the University of Fairfax.
» Learn More About The MSCSM Program