Develop your management skills while building your confidence to successfully work within the global business of sport. Designed by leading academics at the University of Liverpool’s AACSB and EQUIS accredited Management School, this programme helps you to cultivate the attributes needed to progress your management career, build your own sports business or thrive within an existing one.
On this programme you will be able to learn how to critically analyse sports organisations’ policies and practices within the dynamic sports business environment, empowering you to make evidence-based decisions. You will also be encouraged to develop as a reflective leader, capable of making a key contribution to support sustainable sports organisations.
In addition, you will gain insight from the University of Liverpool’s network of experts who are experienced in working with community-level, national and international sports organisations, in football, horse racing, rugby and many more.
This programme is designed to be studied wholly online and part-time. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art virtual learning environment, which provides students access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of ebooks and journals.
Methods of assessment
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
You will learn from experts from sporting backgrounds, giving you the opportunity to enhance your employability within the global sports business sector. On completion of the programme, you will be well equipped to progress into management roles within the sports business sector.
To achieve a full master’s degree you will be required to complete 180 credits. This programme is also available as a postgraduate certificate (PG Cert) which amounts to 60 credits and a postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) which amounts to 120 credits. Students who complete the PG Cert and PG Dip will have the opportunity to progress to a full master’s degree.
Have you got questions about this online programme? Register to attend an upcoming webinar for the opportunity to hear from academic staff and admissions advisers. HERE.
Applicants should have either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in an appropriate subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants are required to provide evidence they have reached a minimum required standard of English language.
Fees and funding
Full tuition fee – £18,000* (2020/2021 academic year).
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available. For more details speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
About the School
Our postgraduate programmes provide an affordable and convenient route to further your learning and progress in your career. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from a prestigious UK univ ... Read More