*subject to approval
One cannot avoid the importance of risk management in modern organisations. Sharpen your ability to forward-think and plan with this expansive MSc in Risk Crisis and Resilience Management to become a vital player in organisations all over the world.
- Next start date: 8 February 2021
- Welcome week: 1 February 2021
- Application deadline: 25 January 2021 (applications open soon)
- Duration: 2 years (part-time)
- Format: Online, with optional face-to-face events
- Total course fees: £10,500 (including a £250 acceptance fee)
Why UoP's MSc in Risk Crisis and Resilience Management?
Risk management is a very important priority for many organisations across various industries. It’s essential in ensuring corporate sustainability, resilience and profitability.
That’s why there's a great demand in competent, informed and experienced risk managers, and an MSc in Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management can open many career opportunities to you.
Here, you will learn what counts as risk and how to manage this within an organisational setting. You will explore different facets within industries, including varying perceptions of risk, how to prepare for risks and crises, management approaches and techniques and how to lead employees in difficult times.
Upon graduation, you will have the knowledge and experience to create a robust risk culture within a business and develop appropriate strategies to manage risk. You will have the critical thinking, decision making and analysis skills that you can use immediately to help organisations prepare for crises.
What you’ll study
UoP's MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management course will give you the knowledge, skills and experience needed to excel within the field.
- Identify risk across sectors and develop appropriate strategies and techniques to prepare for and cope with crises
- Discover how to develop a strong risk culture to enable more effective risk management
- Gain the ability to stay calm under pressure and make decisions and communicate them effectively, clearly and concisely regardless of audience
- Learn to understand different perceptions of risk and cultural differences in approaches to risk, as well as the impact these might have
- Develop critical thinking and analysis skills to evaluate problems in an organisational context
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour
- Organisational and Environmental Risk
- Crisis Management and Governance
- Project and Research Methods
Assessments for the MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Written assignments
- Reflective work
- A dissertation
You will have the opportunity to receive formal and informal feedback from your tutors to help you improve your work.
For many organisations, risk management is a basic, legal requirement.
Employees with the ability to identify, assess and manage risks effectively are increasingly sought-after by employers.
The skills you will gain in using data analysis and critical thinking to evaluate problems can be applied immediately to organisations in many different industries.
With the skills and expertise from this course, you can go on to a career in:
- Risk management
- Crisis management
- Business development and consultancy
- Business continuity
- Disaster response
To join MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management, you need:
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- English language proficiency at IELTS level 6.5 with no component score below 6.0 (or other acceptable proof), if English is not your first language
- Applicants who don’t have a degree or formal qualifications, but who have appropriate professional experience, may also be considered
If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible to apply, please contact us.
About the School
Portsmouth is a gateway city that’s open to the world. Our University is the same. Our part-time, online courses mean you can study from anywhere in the world when it suits you. With us, you’ll gain t ... Read More