Research has highlighted the need for fashion business professionals with a theoretical and applied understanding of the contemporary fashion business environment.
Our unique online Master’s course in International Fashion Marketing builds on the established strengths of our long-standing, internationally recognised qualifications in fashion and textiles. It combines academic excellence with the development skills that are essential for a career in the global fashion industry and will enable you to work and study simultaneously.
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge that allows you to pursue a successful career in the fashion industry.
Core units provide a solid grounding in fashion marketing from the perspective of the retail brand, the consumer and broader society. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of fashion marketing within fashion brands. Additionally, the final research module allows you to tailor your study to reflect your personal and professional interests.
You will learn how to:
- Take a leading role in the continued success of the fashion business by addressing its global challenges.
- Develop solutions to complex problems, recognising the interconnected nature of fashion business practice.
- Gain new insights into areas of sustainable development and strategic management of fashion and associated organisations.
- Develop commercial awareness and have a wider understanding of your responsibilities as global citizens.
|This course is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) indicating that our teaching and assessment meet the rigorous standards of the CIM.||Study this 100% online course when it suits you and tailor your learning around your work and other commitments.||Enjoy unique opportunities where you will visit and explore world-leading fashion capital cities.|
Who is this course for?
This course will suit your needs, whether you’re looking to enhance your skills, move into the fashion industry or apply for a more senior position.
Where will it take me?
As a successful graduate, you will have the knowledge and skills to equip you for a great career in fashion. Professions such as buyers, marketers and PR executives at well-known iconic brands.
MSc International Fashion Marketing is a blended learning programme. The course is delivered online using web-enabled technology systems. There are also valuable opportunities to network face-to-face in major fashion capital cities across the world.
Artem Beliaikin / Pexels
1. International fashion marketing
- Current and future external environmental analysis
- Emerging markets and market entry methods
- Global consumer culture and global citizenship
2. Strategic brand management
- Strategic brand management business models and concepts
- Corporate branding and consumer branding
- Luxury brand marketing
3. Fashion consumer behaviour
- Understanding the marketplace and customer needs
- Impact of cultural and sociological shifts on consumers and markets
- Opinion leaders and change agents and their impact on reshaping the fashion landscape
4. Fashion marketing communications
- Advertising and PR in the fashion industry
- Integrated marketing communications (IMC)
- Innovation and ethics in fashion media and communications
5. Omnichannel retailing
- Retail distribution and channel development
- Understanding the omnichannel consumer and their customer journey
- The retail buying cycle
6. Contemporary issues
- Ethics, sustainability and fashion consumption
- Innovations in digital technologies
- Experiential consumption
7. Research skills in practice
- Formulating research questions
- Conducting a literature review
- Research design and ethical considerations
- Effective data collection, analysis, evaluation and communication
- 2.1 UK Honours degree or international equivalent or an approved combination of educational qualifications and industrial experience.
- IELTS: 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in writing, reading and speaking, or equivalent. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the course.
- TOEFL (iBT): 90 overall with no less than 20 in listening, writing, reading and speaking. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the course.
- PTE Academic: 59-65 overall with no less than 59 in listening, writing, reading and speaking. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the course.
- CPE or CAE (Cambridge): Minimum grade 176-184
Many of our candidates are working in international companies and organisations. If English is the main business language of the company/organisation where you are currently working and you predominately use English in your role, we can take this into consideration when assessing your English competency.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Relevant work experience
Admission of candidates who do not meet our academic entry qualification criteria may be approved if satisfactory evidence of postgraduate study, research or suitable industry experience can be provided.
The course is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
About the School
China and Manchester have enjoyed strong links for several decades and Alliance MBS was the first UK business school to open a dedicated executive centre in Shanghai. The Centre attracts China's most ... Read More