*subject to approval
Human resource management (HRM) is universally valued by organisations across the world, but with nuances that vary across contexts. Gain the skills and knowledge you need to effectively manage human resource issues on a global scale with our part-time MSc in Global Human Resource Management course.
- Next start date: 8 February 2021
- Welcome week: 1 February 2021
- Application deadline: 25 January 2021 (applications open soon)
- Duration: 2 years (part-time)
- Format: Online, with optional face-to-face events
- Total course fees: £9,500 (including a £250 acceptance fee)
Why UoP's MSc Global Human Resource Management?
UoP's MSc in Global Human Resource Management takes an international approach, that gives you a unique set of skills that will help you stand out from the competition as organisations increasingly expand across borders.
Here, you will be introduced to key human resource (HR) practices and will investigate the impact that the globalisation of businesses has had on the HRM industry. You will explore why HR measures that are effective in one country can fail within another, even though they’re part of the same organisation.
You will use case studies of real organisations to develop your knowledge, so you can apply immediately what you learn to your work. You’ll also have the option to develop a real HR action plan for your current organisation as your dissertation, which could help you land a promotion or new job.
You will gain the practical skills necessary to effectively manage employees from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. And because knowledge of the HR industry on a global scale is sought-after in the workplace, you’ll become a valuable asset to businesses around the world.
What you’ll study
The MSc in Global Human Resource Management course benefits from a global cohort of students that can provide novel insight into HRM practices around the world.
Here you will:
- Examine the strategic role and practical application of key HRM functions across the globe, taught by experienced experts and industry professionals
- Develop analytical, critical and information technology skills, as well as people skills, to allow you to connect with employees of varying attitudes, perceptions and values
- Develop your knowledge and experience to support your approach to problem-solving exercises, case studies and other activity-based learning
- Learn to communicate proposed global HR solutions and critical knowledge effectively
- Identify sustainability issues affecting the resolution of international HR problems, along with international HR ethical issues
- Managing Human Resources
- Contemporary Issues in International HRM
- Strategy, Leadership and the Business Context
- Managing the Employee Lifecycle
- Investigative Human Resource Management Project
Assessments for the MSc in Global Human Resource Management are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Written assignments
- An investigative project
Opportunities for formal and informal feedback will be provided so you can improve your work for the future.
With our MSc in Global Human Resource Management, you’ll prove a valuable asset to businesses that operate on an international scale.
Your technical skills and ability to analyse human resource issues will be attractive to prospective employers, as will the practical experience you’ve gained from your final investigative project.
This Master’s will give you people management skills you can transfer into a variety of sectors.
With the skills and expertise you’ll gain on this course, you can go on to a career in:
- Human resources
- Business development and consultancy
- Training and development
To join MSc in Global Human Resource Management, you need:
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject seeking to pursue/continue a career in HR. Applicants with appropriate work experience and professional qualifications may also be considered. Applicants may be subject to interview.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible to apply, please contact us.
About the School
Portsmouth is a gateway city that’s open to the world. Our University is the same. Our part-time, online courses mean you can study from anywhere in the world when it suits you. With us, you’ll gain t ... Read More