Evolve your skillset with this specialist programme in the rapidly growing sector of computer science.
Artificial Intelligence is having an increasingly prominent impact on the way in which different industries operate. This is driving employers to seek out highly skilled professionals to maximise system performance.
This advanced programme is designed to develop your expertise within this area, cultivating your practical skills and developing programming techniques, which will enable you to work effectively within the complex field of AI.
Through this programme, you will be introduced to the theory and practice of AI programming and development. You will also explore the relevant applications of the discipline and how to practically apply them to a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career.
This programme is designed to be studied wholly online and part-time. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art virtual learning environment, which provides students access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of ebooks and journals.
Methods of assessment
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Graduates will be able to thrive in a range of demanding roles across many sectors, by combining a strong foundation in computer science from your first degree with advanced knowledge of AI from this programme.
Potential job titles include AI consultant, AI developer, data scientist, information strategy manager, machine learning engineer, and research scientist.
To achieve a full master’s degree you will be required to complete 180 credits. This programme is also available as a postgraduate certificate (PG Cert) which amounts to 60 credits and a postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) which amounts to 120 credits. Students who complete the PG Cert and PG Dip will have the opportunity to progress to a full master’s degree.
Have you got questions about this online programme? Register to attend an upcoming webinar for the opportunity to hear from academic staff and admissions advisers. HERE.
Applicants should have either:
- A degree in computer science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years relevant IT professional experience; or
- Professional work experience in IT or related field and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants are required to provide evidence they have reached a minimum required standard of English language.
Fees and funding
Full tuition fee – £18,000* (2020/2021 academic year).
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available. For more details speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
About the School
Our postgraduate programmes provide an affordable and convenient route to further your learning and progress in your career. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from a prestigious UK univ ... Read More