The Digital Forensic specialization focuses on demonstrating the required skill set of a Computer Forensic Investigator. Through this specialization, you will learn the various aspects of digital forensics, including investigating network intrusions and mobile forensics. With this specialization, you would qualify as a Digital Forensic Investigator with the government at any level, as well as private industry, both on or leading an incident response team.
- Level of study: Graduate
- Number of courses: 12 (36 Credit Hours)
- Duration: 2 Years – 12-week terms (4 per year)
- Term begins on: 6th April 2020
- Mode of study: Online (Flexible with Hands-On Experience)
ECCU coursework is delivered through a 100% online degree program, providing the flexibility of time management whereby students can attend to coursework at any time of day/night or weekends (24×7). There is a structure to the week and term whereby attendance and submissions must meet predefined deadlines each week and weekly attendance and participation are mandatory. Synchronous scheduled class times are not utilized but adherence to discussion and homework weekly posting deadlines are.
The course utilizes traditional university terms (semesters of 12 weeks) and is structured accordingly. So the course delivery sits in a flexible middle ground between the structure of set class times and attendance and the open-ended system of self-paced independent study courses.
Each course is instructor-led by credentialed professors with industry experience with a maximum enrolment of 30 students. Guided discussion, interaction/engagement, assistance/support, and grading/feedback will be done with your professor weekly as the course proceeds.
Courses typically consist of a mixture of weekly threaded discussions, reading materials, iLabs (ECCU’s online virtual platform to practice), presentation support (PowerPoint and/or video), quizzes/exams and/or research projects/papers.
- Intro to Research and Writing for the IT Practitioner
- Business Essentials
- Foundations of Organizational Behavior
- Hacker Mind: Profiling the IT Criminal
- Quantum Leadership
- Managing Secure Network Systems
- Linux Networking and Security
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
- Investigating Network Intrusions and Computer Forensics
- Advanced Mobile Forensics and Security
- Cyber Law
100% Virtualization for a Complete Learning Experience!
iLabs was built for you, whether beginner or expert, iLabs is completely customizable to your needs. No experience necessary!
Practical hands-on learning provides access to real-world tools and scenarios, boosts knowledge retention and is proven to be more effective at preparing you for the job!
Industry Certifications Included in the Program!
Up to 4 industrial certifications
ECCU understands the need today of students to be industry-ready and hence all of EC-Council’s relevant industry certifications have been included in the various specializations, allowing the student to graduate with not only a Master’s degree but, a string of certifications as well.
Applicants for admission must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a TOEFL score of 550 or better or proof of English competency.
- Student Enrollment Application
- Official government ID or passport (international students)
- A photo of yourself holding your official government ID
- Official transcript(s) from the institution where the student received a Bachelor's or most recent Master's Degree.
- An official evaluation of international credits (for students with international transcripts only)
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only)
- Application fee
The Master of Science in Cyber Security degree will be awarded by EC-Council University upon successful completion of all degree requirements.
In addition to the specific degree requirements, each candidate for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of thirty-six (36) credits of 500 level courses in which the candidate earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Satisfactory completion of the summative capstone course.
- All degree requirements must be completed within one and a half times the program length or have a cumulative course completion rate of 67% of coursework from the date the student enrolls in the University and begins the MS in Information Security program.
$540/Per Credit Hour
$473/Per Credit Hour
$405/Per Credit Hour
|Total Tuition Fee: $19,440||Total Tuition Fee: $17,028||Total Tuition Fee: $14,580|
About the School
With a mission to create superior educational programs in cybersecurity, EC-Council University was incorporated in Wyoming and licensed by the New Mexico Higher Education Department in 2006. The unive ... Read More