The MSQA program is offered fully online which allows students the opportunity to work full-time while earning their master's degree. The majority of the students in the program are working adults. The MSQA program offers an approach to online learning that distinguishes this experience from other online programs. Each week of instruction includes half the learning experience through downloadable lectures, PPTs, etc. with voice-overs and half of the instruction is in a live virtual environment with a professor. The virtual classroom provides the same instructor-student experience without having to attend the campus. Our instructors are Ph.D.'s with several years of work experience in the field. They can answer questions about theory AND practice because they've been there, done that. Our courses deal with Quality topics in depth, stressing theory and the assumptions behind the techniques. That is what separates our education approach from certification training seminars. Our graduates know the details behind techniques, allowing them to know what to do when assumptions are violated (which happens a lot in the real world), and helping them to evaluate the relative merits of "new" quality tools. A lot of what is touted as new is just a repackaging of tried and true methods, with maybe a novel twist. Our student body consists of quality professionals, engineers, managers and directors who share their experience via discussion boards and during the live chat sessions. These working adults come from many industry backgrounds including healthcare, manufacturing, service and government agencies. Graduate applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, physical science, or another technically oriented major from an accredited college or university. Interested students from other disciplines may be admitted to the program but may be required to complete additional courses.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (on the 4.0 scale). Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 or better may be considered with strong work experience and letters of reference.
- GRE is NOT required.
- For international students, an 80 on the TOEFL Internet version or an IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
Required Core Courses
- QA 6602 - Total Quality
- QA 6610 - Statistics for Quality Assurance
- QA 6611 - Statistical Process Control
- QA 6613 - Linear Regression Analysis
- QA 6650 - Quality Systems Design
- SYE 6010 - Project Management Processes
- QA 7403 - Graduate Seminar
Elective Courses Select five from the following:
- QA 6600 - Methods of Analysis
- QA 6612 - Design of Experiments
- QA 6615 - Applied Systems Reliability
- QA 6640 - Quality Cost and Supplier Evaluation
- QA 6660 - Six Sigma Black Belt Concepts
- QA 6712 - Quality Systems Simulation
- QA 6722 - Human Factors in Quality Assurance
- QA 6725 - Quality Assessment of the Organization
- QA 7403 - Graduate Seminar
Note: QA 7403 must be taken to satisfy the core requirement. After that, it may be repeated with a different topic and apply as an elective. Note:
Up to two of the five elective courses may be taken outside the MSQA program with department approval. Program Total (36 Credit Hours)
About the School
Kennesaw State University is a comprehensive university recognized for its entrepreneurial spirit, global engagement and sense of community. As Georgia’s third-largest university and one of the fifty ... Read More