UofL’s online Master of Science in Health Administration (MSHA) is an executive-level program designed for healthcare professionals with 5+ years of experience, who are looking to broaden their core healthcare management competencies and/or pursue career advancement applying the principles of population health management.
Offered by the School of Public Health and Information Sciences at the University of Louisville, the executive MSHA online builds on your experience and deepens your understanding of processes, environments, structures, and strategies that are disrupting the industry—preparing you to confidently lead organizations into the future of healthcare. Based closely on our reputable CAHME-accredited on-campus program and taught by leaders in healthcare innovation, the online executive MSHA courses will guide you through:
- Exploring broad principles and important influencers within top healthcare organizations
- Examining data-driven methods of strategic leadership and effective management of healthcare organizations
- Analyzing external policy and healthcare environments that effect management
- Becoming a more knowledgeable and well-rounded healthcare administrator
Notably, the program places a strong focus on assessments that emphasize solving authentic, real-life problems you face within your current role.
- Gain applicable and transferable healthcare knowledge and methodologies through every course.
- Experience a curriculum specialized for executive students, using UofL’s Population Health Leadership (PHL) Competency Model—a modified version of the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) Competency Model.
- Take advantage of the flexibility and convenience of 100% online classes.
- Complete your degree in just 2 years with 8-week terms (courses completed 2-3 at a time). Part-time enrollment is also available.
With an aging population and increased demand for services, healthcare occupations are expected to grow 14% between 2018 and 2028, adding around 1.9 million jobs in that same period—faster than the average growth compared to all occupations (bls.gov).
Graduates will be prepared to pursue board certification through the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), meeting both the education requirements to take the exam and equipped with the knowledge needed to successfully complete it. Graduates can also pursue MGMA, AAMA and/or HFMA certification.
Earning a Health Administration master’s degree is a must-have for healthcare executives. You’ll be prepared to take on higher-level healthcare leadership roles (e.g., senior director, VP, CEO, etc.) where you’ll be responsible for overseeing and managing services, programs, staff, budgets, facilities, external relations and more. As a graduate of our program, you’ll be equipped to:
- Manage strategic projects and action plans in healthcare organizations
- Assess institutional financial and healthcare delivery performance
- Examine community healthcare needs per industry standards
- Model accountability with respect to compliance in policy, and regulation and ethical codes of conduct
- Analyze organizational needs based on clinical and financial data
About the School
The University of Louisville is a state-supported research university located in Kentucky's largest metropolitan area. It was a municipally supported public institution for many decades prior to joini ... Read More